Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Cheers to......
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-07-2012 22:03
I sure do not know everything I would like to know, but I am kick ass at what I do.  I am lucky enough people are willing to pay me a pretty generous scale for what they see me pull off. 

The only reason I can do this is because few different people in my life took the time to show me how and trade up in skills.  I have figured out a ton of things by myself but without the foundation of true craftsmen as mentors I seriously doubt I would have gotten this far.  This is to every single welder and fabricator I have had the pleasure of working with, that took the time to show a stupid kid/sometimes adult how to make it go. I am proud of those skills and it shows in my work.  So to all you guys who helped me along; I say raise your glass and cheers to you, you did that right thing.  I will do my best to pass it all along where I can.  Still learning new things and I reckon I will till I am done and taking a dirt nap.

Tommy
Parent - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 07-07-2012 22:34
I know how you feel man. I was smart enough to listen to some pretty savy old guys when I was just a bronc tryin to break out. They took an intrest in teaching me and mentoring me and I am forever greatful to them. SO CHEERS!!! May all the young men I take under my wing reep the benifits I have.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 07-08-2012 13:59
No one suceeds without the help of their mentors.

The first step: ask the question.

Second step: listen to what they have to say.

There is no reason for them to share their wisdom if you already know everything.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Cheers to......