Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / I bought me a Chainsaw !!!
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-13-2012 22:37
I think this should get the job done !!
Parent - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 07-14-2012 02:30
HOLEY SH#$%$!!!!!!!
Parent - By LHoage (*) Date 07-14-2012 08:03
Jesus Christ. When I saw the photo and your smile I busted out laughing :D
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 07-14-2012 13:23
That's a big un Cactus but it still wouldn't scare the Redwoods we have out here in Orygun...:grin:

QCRobert
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 07-14-2012 14:22
About 20min of that sucker and you wont have enough grip left in your hands to hold a glass of tea. Lol.   I have a logger friend up in Alaska that runs a saw with a 50in bar.  When he shakes your hand you pee down both leggs.  That sucker will work you...!  You will NEVER work it. Lol.  40in bar is the biggest I have ever run.  It was more than I wanted after a couple hours.  Lol..!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-14-2012 15:38
"When he shakes your hand you pee down both legs." Hahaha!! That's just funny!!

I was watching that ice loggers show, they were up in...well, up north, believe it was Canada somewhere. Anyhow, Guy was using a saw like this to cut one of those huge pine trees in half that they had just cut down. The whole tree was to heavy for the chopper so he was cutting this 6 or 7 foot diameter tree right down the middle. Was pretty cool!
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-14-2012 17:55
This Saw is the Biggest that Stihl makes. It has a 59" Bar
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 07-14-2012 18:29
Yup that's a biggun Cactus, should handle anything in your area. If you every get up into Washington, Oregon, Idaho, etc. check out some of the logging shows where they're running some of the modified hot saws, hell they even run a few that are small-block powered. But that's a really nice saw. As to operating that one, you'll probably find that if you let it do the work and not "horse it" it'll run smooth as silk and not vibrate your hands off. They simply engineer those so much better now and they are much more forgiving than saws of years ago. Well, have fun with your new toy and don't let it get the better of you. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 07-15-2012 21:50
So when you swing that thing in a 180 degree arc, that would be about a 10' swath,right? Are you fixin' to make a path for those feral hogs?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 07-16-2012 00:36
They seem to make their own path
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 07-16-2012 07:36
You were supposed to get the big saw!  :lol:
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 07-17-2012 04:16
I QUIT LOL
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / I bought me a Chainsaw !!!