Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Its been awhile but Im mad as a wet hen...
- - By KSellon (****) Date 08-22-2012 20:10
wishin I could post a name, but legally I can not, but this boys out of Carlsbad NM.

Heres my rant for the year-- same story different day!!

Once again I am not amazed-- customer sends in machine for complete overhaul all new stainless sheet metal, all upgrades. Engine overhaul, radiator, COMPLETE END TO END one year warranty machine-- "Make it pipeline ready" Its been done since 5/15. Been calling the guy for payments. On August 2nd he said he didn't have the money to pay the bill.. Asked if I could sell it for him.. Today he calls and says add $1500 to the sales price because you have to buy the machine from me first.... Holy Cats REALLY!!!!!!! ******* So I guess this is how it works, for any who don't know--- Send your machine to a shop for $6500 to $7000 worth of work and custom pieces, THEN tell them you can't afford the bill and now they have to buy your machine for $1500, then find a buyer for the machine...
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-22-2012 21:33
Sorry to hear that Kaye.  There really are some major idiots in this business as there are in all other places as well. 

Don't you have any kind of contract clause that states that jobs left finished and unpaid for a certain amount of time will be sold for expenses?  I don't believe any court would hold you liable for any claim he seems to think he has.  You don't have to buy anything.  He is the one that broke the contract, verbal or written. 

Even without something in writing, this guy is a fool and a half.  We should probably have you pm a bunch of us with the name so we can help you make it right.  (Hint, Hint).  People like that would never get any work out of me.  Contract or as an employee.  Don't need cheap no good thieves. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 08-22-2012 23:16
Storage bill = asking price. Problem solved.
What a peckerwood that guy is. Look up the definition and there might even be his picture!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 08-24-2012 21:19
Ya Im covered with online company policy, work order signature at time of drop off, etc etc etc.. Just had to vent.. Plus the guy said he was was posted it everywhere How I Stole His Machine... UUURRRGGH
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-27-2012 11:30
If you find evidence of him posting that, not only will he lose the machine legally with a mechanics lien, you can file a defamation suit against him using that lien as evidence and clean him out entirely.

There was a time when I avoided the legal system like the plague, but in this day and age the only way to survive is to aggressively defend your reputation. At the end of the day, welders, mechanics, inspectors, and all other personnel involved in the trade rely on their reputation for future income. Someone out there calling you a thief definitely qualifies as defamation of character in any court of law.

My opinion for what it matters
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 08-23-2012 11:32
I don't understand I have never and I mean never had any kind of work done on something if I didn't have the money before hand.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-23-2012 15:09
Sounds like you need to file a mechanics lien.

I believe this is the form for OK

http://countyclerk.oklahomacounty.org/images/stories/registrar_of_deeds/UCC/mechanics%20%20materialmans%20lien.pdf

Edit, the form may be different for your county, but I am fairly certain all states etc have similar forms.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 08-24-2012 21:21
your awesome
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-24-2012 22:00
Sorry to hear about that Kaye! I know exactly how you feel except mine was a low life contractor. I'm still trying to locate the stupid breading grounds. Once I find it I'll invite everybody out to blow it up. He hasn't got a leg to stand on, it's yours now. That's how I got my SA250 from Stumpf's, low life welder said the same stuff your guy said, lucky for me. Just goes to show, you can fix an old welding machine but you just can't fix stupid, this guy is living proof of that.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Its been awhile but Im mad as a wet hen...