Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Equiptment for Sale
- - By eekpod (****) Date 09-07-2012 14:23
Unfortuanalty our company closed it's doors recently and everything is for sale through the acution company.  Visit Aaron Posnick Auctions online, it's set for Sep. 19, 20th.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-07-2012 15:03
So you one of the newly unemployed Obama is going to help? Looks like a really big outfit what the heck happened?
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 09-07-2012 23:01
That sucks eekpod. Sorry to hear that. I hope you have some good leads on another gig.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 09-07-2012 23:14
Cummins, My guess is the "business" is changing .:yell::yell: Not as much construction going on to support the shops out there!!!!:confused::confused::confused: And the ones that are building have TIGHT budgets plus engineers/architects are EMBELLISHING the size and scope of jobs to get LOW BIDS and after your locked in as winning bid start DELETING work items:eek::eek::eek:to lower the costs of construction for the owner:yell::yell::yell::yell:( what I've been dealing with since "09"):evil::evil::evil:
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 09-10-2012 10:33
IMO we just got too big to sustain.  They have re-opened under a new name but MUCH smaller and now subbing all shop fab out.
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 09-10-2012 16:16
eekpod, Doing the opposite we ALWAYS make money in the shop but the field erection just has to many variables/unknowns and w/union labor it's turned into a KILLER:cry::cry:So we are going to sub out 90% of the erection work:yell::yell::yell: Times are changing in this business, started to go downhill in 09' and I gotta make adjustments BEFORE it puts me under!!!!!:eek::eek:From Pittsburgh home of dem' stiilers ( with  a mediocre secondary!!!!:confused::confused:)
- By Dualie (***) Date 09-11-2012 02:38
every time i think i have it figured out where im making the money (Shop vs. field)  it changes up.

I can see how an operation that size became hard to sustain in this economy.     I Decided in the last couple years i doubt i will ever make the jump to a fully automated beam line even in boom times.     Just seems like every auction brochure i get anymore has one it thats less than 5 years old.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Equiptment for Sale