Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / calling in sick
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 09-04-2012 10:37
Man I want to stay in bed and call in sick today....my lousy (but handsome) boss won't let me.  Fever, shakes, bad cough....I think I have a real bad case of WestBirdNileSwine.

My Brother In Law is a workaholic to the extreme.  He took off work last week because he is sick, a funny kind of sick.  They tested him for West Nile at the hospital and then told him they would call with the results in about two weeks:eek:  TWO WEEKS?!?!   That stuff is spreading pretty fast.   I figure with Beebe surrounded by swamp and slew on two sides, birds falling out of the sky on set intervals, we are probably due for a biblical case of it.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-04-2012 12:08
Go get checked out, that west nile b.s stuff can put you in a pine box! News is saying they have hundreds of cases in Texas and showing up in the states with the drought conditions.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-12-2012 18:02
tripple E in massachusetts
- - By Dualie (***) Date 09-08-2012 04:32
I got a buddy thats a hay farmer in north Dakota that is one tough some beach.    A real mountain of a feller, west Nile nearly put him in the ground this year.

Definately not something to screw around with.
Parent - By grizzzly (**) Date 09-09-2012 06:10
The best thing you can do is keep your self healthy
My wife’s horse had West Nile we had to spend a lot of time babysitting that horse before we found that he had west nile and nursing him back to health I know I was bitten hundreds of times so I had to have been exposed but I never got it. I don’t think you can live life without getting bitten by mosquitoes so you have to keep your self as healthy as possible to defend your self against that and everything else out there
BTW That horse lived but he was never the same
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / calling in sick