Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / No recession in New Zealand!!!
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-16-2012 05:51
Absolutely love this home, thought they'd carry me outta here head first but wife wants to move back to her hometown and since I'm not working there's no reason to say no:eek:

SOLD 2 days after our very first open house: http://www.mikepero.com/property/MPRE22544

Blenheim, New Zealand here we come!!!  Good-bye rocky (12,000 earthquakes later) Christchurch....
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 09-16-2012 15:51
I have a friend who's from New Zealand and he say's he got tired of walking on a side hill everywhere he went, and the big trucks are the size of Toyota. lol
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-16-2012 18:40
Suppose its a matter of where he lives, there aren't too many flat areas:lol: but then the whole country is only the size of California with a population for the whole country being about the size of Houston...

I have seen a few Hummers here and American size trucks (Chevy and Ford) but with gas going for $8.00 a gallon we tend to use smaller vehicles, wife and I have an Audi A3 and even its a little hard to feed every couple of weeks...
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-17-2012 14:25
That's a good looking place Jon, looks more like a resort outside!! New Zealand kinda sounds like where I live(sorta), go outside my house and one leg needs to be longer than the other just so you can stand up straight! We don't have dirt, just varying sizes of rock.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-18-2012 03:05
The guy who hosts one of the blacksmith forums I participate on lives in Cristchurch. We ponyed up money to fly Him to the Quad State Conference a few years ago, and He showed slides of the country, AWESOME!!!!!.

He said it is like all of the US National Parks crammed into an area the size of California.
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-18-2012 18:32
Enjoy your new home. Looks really nice.

Al
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-20-2012 20:56
Thanks very much everyone!

We just bought this place in Blenheim: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=483231156 needs a bit of work to bring the same "curb appeal" as our other and completely different style than we're used to but should be a great adventure... it is bordered by a city park so very nice location!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / No recession in New Zealand!!!