Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wounded Warrior Project
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-10-2012 14:57
Alright, maybe you've heard of it. I found it on Bill's Welder Repair website(thumbs up to Kaye!)

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

While digging around checking it out, what they do I noticed that they are having a few 8k runs around the country to raise funds for our wounded Veterans. They are having runs in Jacksonville, San Antonio and oddly enough Franklin, Tn which is not far from my house. The wife and I have been doing a spot of running lately, stay in shape etc. I'm still waiting to see how my knees take to my re introduction into running. The membership at the Y ran out so can't swim and like being active so, running is pretty much free and shoe technology is amazing today.

Rambling on, to the point. I've signed up to participate in the 8k in Franklin on November 3rd. It's a run but the main purpose is to raise money for obvious reasons, our Veterans returning from the sandbox and abroad who need assistance. Part of the registration to run set each runner up with a personal page on the Wounded Warriors website to accept donations.

If anyone would like to make a donation(and if this is alright to post here....Ross???) here is a link, http://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/SPKLB

None of the money goes to me obviously, I guess they give prizes for most money raised but personally I could care less. For some odd reason I just want to go out and run, yeah, weird!! Maybe it's all of this pent up energy from being around the shop for the last few months....bored out of my skull, who knows. Heck, if enough money was raised I'd donate any prizes they think I deserve back to them! Or maybe it's just an old Jarhead wanting to help out in some way for the young Marines...ok, military guys and gals who have given so much since I passed the torch many years ago. Check out their website(link at top) and see for yourself.

Hope this is alright to post(Ross??)

Shawn
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 09-11-2012 13:15
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-11-2012 14:51
Awesome! That's cool Cactus!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-17-2012 14:34
Anybody want to donate? Click the link, http://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/SPKLB

I hear lots of talk about helping wounded Vets and my facebook post has been dismal at best when I see what has been donated($0)! Well, my poor wife donated $50 of her hard earned dollars. Help this disabled Vet raise some money for guys and gals worse off! I'm gonna beat myself up trying to run 4 miles and I will donate $200.00 plus my own personal pain for the run.

$5, $10, secure site thru Wounded Warriors, whatever you can muster I'm sure will be appreciated by the men and woman it would help and many thanks from me a middle aged Desert Storm Vet.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 09-28-2012 23:19
After paying expenses all money from our BBQ/Blues fest  all proceeds go here. I have personally been helpin local devil dog families with vehicle maintenance while the Marine is overseas, so this org is close to my heart..
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Wounded Warrior Project