Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Republican vs (modern day) democrat
- - By 522029 (***) Date 09-29-2012 13:57
EVERYONE HAS SEEN IT, BUT MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN WHAT TO CALL IT.
THERE THEN IS THE DEFINITION OF HUBRIS!

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:

"The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them"
----------

Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that I had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Hubris (hu-bris), also hybris, means extreme haughtiness, pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 09-29-2012 15:38
So I'm standing in the bathroom this morning, wondering which presidential candidate I should vote for. Just can't decide, so I flip a coin. I go to catch the coin and miss, damn if it didn't go right into the toilette. I look at the quarter and see the truth of the situation. Oh well, I guess I'll be a voting for Captain America this year.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 09-29-2012 16:36
Somebody else likes to use the word 'I' . No, not saying President Obama is Lucifer or anything close to that just comparing the extreme narcissism that he has demonstrated from day one.
***********************************************************************************
Isaiah 14
12   How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13   For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15   Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
************************************************************************************
Look at his acceptance speech 4 years ago in St. Paul.

He gives God like powers to his self and in the same speech alludes to his humility.
Today (because we elected him) the planet begins to heal, the ocean's rise slows, only after we elected him did we care for the sick or have good jobs...
Instead of his 'hope and change' we got hoax and blame.
*************************************************************************************
America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Republican vs (modern day) democrat