Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Barry's Tax plan?????
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 10-02-2012 22:34
You bet it is way high.  It includes retired people living on social security and MILLIONS of hard working people who support a family on a very small wage and as such get a huge tax deduction.

But, I am glad Romney said it off the record and got caught because it shows his true heart which is full of disgust for those hard working people who struggle to attain a slot in the ever shrinking middle class.  But, Romney loves the 1%.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-03-2012 00:22 Edited 10-03-2012 00:25
When You speak to guests who are paying YOU 50K each at a fundrasing dinner, YOU THEM THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.

The story is different depending on which party YOU are running for, BUT YOU STILL TELL THE GUESTS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.

Some of You feel burdened by deadbeats, the rest feel exployted by the ritch.

Most of us make Our own path through life, some are proud of it, others deny it.

This is not intended as an attack on You or Your post, OBEWAN, it is just an observation.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-03-2012 04:54
The Key word here is "Embassy" as opposed to Consulate in Benghazi... The US Embassy is in Tripoli for crying out loud!
Get the facts straight then post nothing but the facts okay?

Who controls congress these days??? The Republicans! that's who...
It's nothing more than a partisan political lynching by some airhead that claim they represent the tea party! Hah!!!

The AG (Attorney General) was cleared of any wrong doing by the inspector general of the Justice Department just last week!
Fast & Furious was started by the Bush Administration... Nothing but the facts as opposed to so much rhetoric coming from the neocons!
Amazing how easy it is to brainwash folks these days... It's a shame when one is limiting themselves to only one side of the story!

Henry
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 10-03-2012 20:46
@ Smooth Operator; You are off base with your rant and you show you limit's with your name calling, your attempt at humor (if that what it was) makes you sound like a 6 year old pouting about something you don't know much about.

If I didn’t know better I say you are just plain prejudice. If every thing you feel about Obama is true the facts would bare them out. Tell us some facts about how the country is doing today and how badly you and your family are starving. Are you living on the streets now days?

By the way, if you are like so many others that are so smart you think the mess we were in when Obama took office could be cleaned up in just a couple years, then you all are truly mis-informed yo-yo’s. It did not happen over night and it sure was not possible to clean up over night, especially with people like you kicking up dirt and dragging you feet.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 10-04-2012 06:54
RonG,
You are implying that Smooth Operator is a racist because he is critical of Pres. Obama. Please, the left has played that card out. Find another 'Saul Alinsky tactic' to use.

Let me get this straight; you call Smooth Operator a racist, pouting 6 year old, and me a sleaze and childish and you are on here chastising him for name calling.

To be fair, Pres. Obama did inherit a mess and has, to this day, blames Pres. Bush repeatedly.

Question: Who will he blame if he gets elected in 2012 when he inherits an economy that is worse that the one that he inherited in 2008?

Look at the statistics. It is true that it is worse now and the president had the house and the senate for the 1st 2 years.

By telling us that it is all Bush's fault doesn't take the pain from gas being twice as high as it was the day he took office, food prices skyrocketing, poverty levels at the highest level since the Great Depression, deficit doubled, unemployment rates above 8% his entire term, unemployment rate for minorities at a much higher rate than the day he took office, he was to 'fix' our reputation throughout the world, (they are burning effigies of him just like they did of all of the presidents before him even though he is quick to criticize America for our past)  the list can go on and on. These are not 'racist' comments from me. They are the facts.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 10-04-2012 13:34
So, I guess that was some else posting under your ID that used the word SLEAZE. None the less, it was you choice of words.

No sir, I did not call him a racist. I alluded that his post seemed extremely slanted but I made no accusation concerning race. But sense you apparently do not understand the word prejudice very well. Know this: The word is not confined to race. There are many forms of prejudice. I don’t recall bringing up race, nor did I mention Bush's name.

So in retro-spec, what I really meant is Smooth Operator reminds me of a 6 year old looking through a used toilet paper tube and trying under stand all the things he can not see beyond the edges of the tube.

Again, if you are naive enough to believe that something that took several years to develope can be undone in a just of 3 years, I still think you need to grow up.

I guess it would be pointless to suggest you look back at events leading up to the economic mess we got our selves into with our own greed before Obama’s name was ever known to the voting public. Do you really support the people who gambled on your future in order to secure the own fortunes?

Also you seem to think he (Obama) has enough authority to be held accountable for food prices that are rising because of the weather. News flash… as much as our government would like, they can’t control things like droughts and floods.

Gasoline? Are you serious? Were you even in the US when Bush was in office? Or were you not old enough to drive back then?
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-04-2012 18:06
There there.
Feel better RonG.
Don't worry. Team Obama are prepping him for the next debate. Perhaps he will do a little better next time.

News flash, right back at you. Pres. Obama did say that he could control the weather. 4 years ago he said, "Today is the day that the earth begins to heal, today is the day that the oceans cease to rise,..."
Seems like he's got it all under control.

Instead of just attacking peoples character because they do not support the candidate that you do, try doing a little research and deal with the facts.

On the gas thing, it is a fact that before the infanticide-n-cheif took office, gas was 1/2 what it is now.

Bush was blamed for the spike in gas prices during his presidency, why should it be different now??

Was alive and VERY aware when Pres Bush was in office.

EVERYTHING that went wrong was his fault. Remember it well.
We didn't have enough flu vaccines and it was Bush's fault.
He was accused by Louis Farrakhan, who was honored by Jeremiah Wright Pres. Obamas pastor of 20 years in Pres Obamas church while Pres Obama was a member, of blowing up the levies to target the minority population in New Orleans during Katrina. Then Sen Obama went down there and fueled the flames of racism and division parroting the same sentiment as the biggest racist in America, Luis Farrakhan.
Pres Bush was accused of being the dumbest president ever but a flipping genius to be able to pull off 9/11. A mastermind I tell you!

Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday!

Good day sir.

I said good day!
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 10-03-2012 06:29 Edited 10-03-2012 06:32
The Federal Gov. is suing Arizona to stop enforcing immigration laws.

Pres. Obama's illegal immigrant aunt Zeituni Onyango lived in public housing in Boston since 2000 and has been granted Asylum in 2009 now that you know who is the pres.

Romney indirectly hired a landscaping company that had employed illegals.They had falsified documents to say that they were 'citizens'. I know, hard to believe they would lie about that. :wink:
When Romney found out, he would not let the contractor use illegals on his property.

Hmm, what did Obama do when his illegal aunt became a story? Oh, yea, gave her asylum.
Who's the sleaze?
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-03-2012 18:44 Edited 10-03-2012 18:48
Yeah! I know that if I were the President of the United States of America, and my Aunt needed help regardless of her being legal or illegal,
I would most definitely grant her asylum!!! After all, she's FAMILY!!! Blood is thicker than water... Don't tell me you wouldn't???
How is doing that equate to being a sleaze??? A humanitarian yes, sleaze? Me thinks NOT!!!

What's in those bank accounts in the Cayman Islands, In Switzerland??? Where ever else he's got money stashed also is an interesting mystery To say the least!!!!

How many factories has Mitt's Bain Capital closed or resold which were closed afterwards for a profit in the USA??? How many average folks who had families to support,  who had good paying jobs, lose their jobs and destroyed their families??? All in the process to make "bukoo" dollars by selling the companies for a profit or outsourced the products being made to China!!! And he says he wants to get tough with China??? Give me a break!!! They're in bed together for crying out loud!!! Who's the SLEAZE???

Henry
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-03-2012 18:59
Easy Henry, wasn't it you that said:

>Nothing but the facts as opposed to so much rhetoric....
>Amazing how easy it is to brainwash folks these days... It's a shame when one is limiting themselves to only one side of the story!

Don't fall for the Dem's version of the Mitt/Bain relationship....check back into the actual facts, not their brainwashing commercials of Mitt killing people.

respectfully we can disagree about our current President and his direction for our country, so I'll stop commenting for now.
take care,
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-03-2012 19:21 Edited 10-03-2012 19:27
Ohhh! So Bain & Mitt didn't do any outsourcing to China??? Bain & Mitt never did close down or bankrupt any of those companies that ended up laying off all of those people??? And then gutted the company to sell it @ a HUGE profit???

So Romney is not connected to Bain Capital @ all??? Mitt Romney doesn't have any wealth stashed away in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland or anywhere else outside of the USA for that matter???

I never said that Mitt Romney killed people for fun or profit... Did he??? I haven't seen that commercial yet...
I do agree with you that we can respectfully disagree... John, feel free to comment when ever you want! I don't mind.:lol::wink:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 10-03-2012 19:30
What grates on me the most is all the new attack ads by Romney accusing Obama of giving 2 million jobs to China. That is like the pot calling the kettle black.  I can only think of the word hypocrite.  And what about Romney's flip flopping on Obamacare?  He pioneered the exact same system when he was govenor and it became the model for Obamacare.  I think he is typical of the sleeze that occupies Washington that will say or promise whatever it takes to get elected.  As soon as the public opinion polls change his convictions and opinions will morph to match it.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-04-2012 03:30
Umm, his half brother still lives in extreme poverty in Kenya. He has changed his tune about Pres. Obama also. Saw an interview with him recently. He is not impressed with his half brothers performance.

I do not view a person that voted against BAIPA several times as a humanitarian.

While a state senator in Il. Mr. Obama voted to withhold medical treatment to babies that survived botched abortions.
Just let them die.
No, Pres. Obama lost all credibility with me when I researched that and found it to be the truth.
Picture the scenario, if you will, how that plays out. Baby is born after failed abortion. Baby now has the same constitutional rights as you and I. Dr., nurses just walk away, let it starve, suffocate or probably die from the cuts, poison and other tools of the trade to kill the baby. Baby suffering until it succumbs to death.
Senator Obama on several occasions votes to just let the baby die!!! That is called infanticide!!!

Pres. Obama=humanitarian my A** 

I am respectful of the office of the president regardless of who holds it. I preface his name with Mr., Senator or Pres. as a show of respect but make no mistake, I do not respect what he stands for and sleaze is a nicer term than baby killer.
I didn't actually call Mr. Obama a sleaze, I was referring to Al's calling Romney a sleaze and setting forth an argument that Mr. Obama has chinks in his armor as well so if Romney is a sleaze for 'this, then Pres. Obama is a sleaze for 'that'.

For the record, I'm not a Romney fan. Did not want him to be the Republican candidate, I mean, they put up the guy that lost to McCain...who lost to Sen. Obama in 2008.
But I certainly prefer him over the incumbent.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 10-03-2012 20:54
Sleaze??? How pathetic is that?
You would not do the same if it was in your power??? Then YOU truly are a SLEAZE.

Oh by the way I bet you if he had not done it and word got out, you would be jumping up and down shouting the same thing because he neglected his Aunt. So childish!!!!!!
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-04-2012 04:50
RonG,
See my post to Henry.
You need to get some thicker skin if you want to endure this election. The President has failed on pretty much ALL of HIS campaign promises from 4 years ago. That's the reality of the situation.

Calling me a sleaze and childish was a nice touch. Shows your maturity level.

BTW: Does the Infanticide-in-Chief have within his power to help his half brother in Kenya.....crickets. Then do tell why has he allowed his half brother to live in extreme poverty when all he has to do is send him some money from the sell of his books that reveals his communist mentor in Hawaii and his Marxist and radical friends in college.

Your selective outrage is revealing though, you fully support Al's calling Gov. Romney a sleaze bag for hiring a contractor that had an illegal  (with falsified documents) working for him, then demanded he fire him.
I guess you have a low 'criteria' for calling people sleaze bags.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-03-2012 01:26
Well I can promise you I never have and never will give one a job
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-03-2012 03:44
I doubt any of the 1% need a job with you Tex.

al
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-03-2012 11:13
I was referring to illegals not the 1% I love the rich I ain't NEVER work for an illegal, or burger flipper at McNasty, s
- - By LHoage (*) Date 10-03-2012 06:49
There isn't enough database storage on the backend of this forum to provide all of the information needed to compare, debate and make an accurate and informed decision on who you should vote for. Politics are a life consuming work to research, not something I will spend my only days on earth worrying about.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-03-2012 21:28
LHoage    "Politics are a life consuming work to research"    no doubt!  It is sad that we have so many advantages in this country, compared to others....but when it comes to being involved in your duty as a citizen to involve yourself in your goverment it always comes down to this....we are a truly spoiled people and too often your average Joe does not consider what has come before him; as to consider and put forth the sweat of thought into whats happening and act accordingly to their conscience.   I am as guilty as anyone else.  Voter apathy is bad...but just plain laziness is the real culprit. 

I am forcing my kids to vote this year, I am picking them up, at work or not, and taking them myself to the polls.  This warning from me has sparked them paying a bit of attention and some debate amongst ourselves.  My son swore he did not know what to do but he would figure it out with a little study before election time.  I reckon that is at the least a good start with them, getting them involved and making them realize this affects them if they participate or not.  We have all been on a sick ride the last 30yrs, it is high time we find the brake and turn it back toward what Mr. Lincoln said  " and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 10-03-2012 22:12
Way to go Tommy.  Wish there was a "like" button under your post!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-04-2012 04:20
This describes Our problem:

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Nobody on the ballot even has the balls to talk about it, let alone doing what it takes to fix it.
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 10-04-2012 05:19
Hi!

I have chosen to post at the present end of this thread, as it seems more logical to me!

I would like to take this opportunity to advise everyone on here to chill!

I have been accused of being argumentative on here, but at least I argue about welding so we can all learn! Arguing about politics just leads to wars, regardless about initial intent and 'we'll still be friends'!

BTW, don't use the old "this is discussing" excuse, cause it ain't!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-04-2012 05:56 Edited 10-04-2012 06:42
In case you haven't noticed... This section is known as the Off Topic Bar & Grill or OTB&G which means that we can discuss just about topic we want aside from welding...
So 46.00. remember where you are and please do become argumentative in this section!:eek::yell::evil::yell::roll::lol::wink::twisted::cool:

BTW, I suggested to form this section way before you ever got involved with this forum and if we want to say it's a discussion then that's what it is.:yell::yell::yell::eek::lol::twisted:

Let's face it, ever since Senator Mitch McConnell made his statement about what his number one priority is to make sure President Barack Obama becomes a one term President...

This meant that the Republicans would even risk putting our nation in default, to be the main reason why this country lost it's triple A credit rating, and to block just about every meaningful legislation to improve things in the USA that was bought to both houses of congress by the current administration...

And finally because, Our President just happens to be a Black man which he isn't... He's mixed race of both white and Black and there's a whole bunch of folks that cannot stand that at all! There I said it!! You may deny it all you want but, you're not fooling me or anyone else who knows and has been through being discriminated on multiple occasions...

Now, I'm not saying all of you are racists because in saying that would be in itself racist... No! I'm saying that a whole lot of folks are in this country unfortunately...

If you are like myself, then you wouldn't judge a man by the color of his skin... Instead you would judge the person by the content of his character.

Henry

Henry
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 10-04-2012 06:18 Edited 10-04-2012 06:36
deleted:cry:
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-04-2012 06:40
It's okay... A lot of folks wonder what is going on in here and I have to agree with you to a degree... Hmmm, what an oxymoron...
This happens because for the most part all of us have certain beliefs that we are passionate about, and sometimes words get spilled into the conversation that are regrettable...

So "Weldcome" to the OTB&G!!!:twisted::yell::eek::roll::wink: ENJOY!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-05-2012 00:44
Geez Henry, You quoting the late great M.L.K., how come the democrats didn't "stick" to this theory /ethics when Slick Willie was in moral/ethical trouble as President??????:red::red::red::red: As for 46.00 aren't you from the U.K. ?????? You wouldn't understand "politics" cause you don't have a dog in this fight.:lol::lol::lol:
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-05-2012 01:08
I can judge Obama judge by the content of his character and find plenty that I don't like.

I am not in 100% [not even close] agreement with Romney, but willing to give Him a chance.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-05-2012 09:54
We can only aspire to show such self control, respect and ettiquete as is expemplified by your own British Parlament and house of commons   :)
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-04-2012 06:53
I wholeheartedly agree 100% with you Dave!

It's a crying shame and it's every politicians fault but, more importantly it's our fault for letting them get away with this for so long!
Thanks for bringing that up Dave.

Respectfully,
Henry
- By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-04-2012 18:05
No one party is without guilt or blame; we can bash each other until hell freezes over, but that is an immutable fact.
While we fight amongst ourselves, the thieves and elitist continue stirring the pot to keep us divided.
Blue, or Red, makes no difference. This illusion of freedom amounts to allowing the cow a choice between cattle cars headed for the slaughterhouse.
- - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-05-2012 00:51
HEY !!!!! I was out working all last nite !!!!!:eek::eek::eek: How'd the debate go????? I'd like to hear some of the opinions of the OSAMA backers out there on what they thought !!!!:confused::confused::confused:
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 10-05-2012 01:13
OK.  Romney needs to explain more about his plans for healthcare reform.  He says now that he intends to keep the pre-existing condition laws that Obamacare brought in.  But he does not say how he will do it.  The consortium of insurance companies that went to Washington when these laws were enacted INSISTED on the individual mandate to purchase insurance by all people.  So it sounds to me like Romney will be forced to keep things the way they are or break a campaign promise.  But it is moot for me now anyway because I already filled in my absentee ballot a couple of hours ago.  But since Romney is a known flip flopper on this issue we should all be aware that anything is possible once he is "safely" in office.
Parent - By JMCInc (**) Date 10-05-2012 03:25
On a lighter note:
Attachment: joke.jpg (55k)
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 10-05-2012 04:38
Well, as it turns out, the thin air from the high altitudes in Denver were the reason that President Obama did horribly. This is the reason that Al Gore and Gov. Devall, the current Gov. of MA.has laid out there.

67% believe Romney won
25% believe Obama won

That darn thin air.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-05-2012 11:11 Edited 10-05-2012 11:15
I can agree that it was not Obama's shining moment, but it did reveal more about Romney than we knew before. He's pulling the old pivot routine. Agree to all the demands of the Tea Party while standing in front of them, agree to the demands of the rich contributors while standing in front of them by deriding 47% of the population, try to moderate his stance when all of America is watching. It was another Etch-a-sketch moment. Romney can be best described in one word; chameleon.

Does anyone really know what he’s going to do or what his plans are? From the debates it is impossible to tell if you listened to what he said during the debate and what has said on the campaign trail. Sack Obama Care, no, let’s think that over, after all it was modeled after his Massachusetts program. Sack Barney Frank, no wait, we need to hold Wall Street in check.

Details of his plans; little to none. We did find out that he plans to broaden the tax base by reducing the rates and eliminating deductions. What deductions we don't know because he would not tell us what his plans really are. The only way his math works is if you look at the deductions he could sack. I believe it is safe to say that the deduction for home mortgages will fall to the wayside. That is the largest deduction working families currently take. Deductions for medical costs are probably gone. That is the one deduction that families with large medical expenses can use to defray the cost of medical bills. That deduction has a lower threshold, so the medicals costs needed to take that advantage means you really have some high bills (in excess of 7% of your income if I remember correctly). Who would fall into that category? People without health insurance and people with serious illnesses not covered by health insurance or that exceed the limitations imposed by the insurance carrier (that is no longer allowed by Obama Care) or expenses incurred by people that could not get coverage because of preexisting conditions (again, insurance companies cannot deny coverage for preexisting conditions, but there is no cap on what the insurance company charges for preexisting conditions under Obama Care).  The deduction for education is another deduction that is most likely affected. People that are trying to better their occupational skills or need to maintain their skills will no longer be able to deduct the cost of training. That is the way you broaden the tax base, remove the deductions. Unfortunately those deductions represent a larger share of the individual’s income if you are on the lower rung of the economic ladder. It does not mean much to the individual that is part of high income crowd. Eliminating the deductions hit the lower income brackets the hardest. Deductions for expenses incurred for business travel, more than likely a thing of the past.

Now, reducing the deductions used by the majority of the population is not new, but I believe it is safe to say the Chameleon will do more than whittle away at the edges. It is the only way he can cut the tax rate across the board and still increase revenue. This doesn't hurt the upper income households that earn incomes that greatly exceed their basic needs, i.e., food, housing, medical, it hurts the lower half of the population that is squeaking by and have little left over to invest. There is no plan to change the rate of investment income which is how the upper half earns their income. The wage earner; screw the slackers, they are part of the 47%ers.

To Romney we are all just companies to be harvested for profits. Harvest Big Bird and serve him for the Thanksgiving at the White House. Elmo, you’re next!

By the way, I was referring to Romney's housekeeper/nanny when I said he failed to pay the federal withholding taxes and Medicare. There is no question he was aware of what he was or was not paying for her services.

Best regard - Al
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 10-05-2012 16:17
All of this can be summed up by saying our election process is selecting the lesser of the evils.  There is no doubt in any rational person's mind that Romney is the lesser of the evils.  Evil still perhaps, but lesser.  Having said that; our REAL problem lies not just in the White House but in the private central bank that has run us into bankruptcy.  End the FED!!
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 10-05-2012 17:25
Wouldn't it be so much better if we could choose the greater of two goods?
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-05-2012 17:34

>Wouldn't it be so much better if we could choose the greater of two goods?

LOL...sounds like one of those questions while viewing the contents of a drinking glass. :grin:

half full or half empty?
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-05-2012 17:38
That much I can agree with. However it would take ditching private central banks world wide to work.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-05-2012 20:48
SMT,Even though I'm being bashed on here for being a conservative,what you are sayin'/ thats my exact opinion, the tried ain't workin' at all:yell::yell::yell::yell: Mitt is a investment/banker type(which most I would like to see boiled in oil,after what has happened to my retirement savings:cry::cry::cry::cry:) unfortunately he's the only one runnin' that has a chance of winnning (which represents change) which is what this county needs!!!!:eek::eek: In 4 yrs. if things haven't improved ( some kind of progress in the economy & reduction of debt) I will definately vote against him for a second term!!!!!! :mad::mad: ( the way I see it the Republican Party has a chance to have a presidency for the next 16 yrs. which I hope will be enough time to straighten this country out):grin::grin::grin: From Pittsburgh home of Dem' Stiilers'
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 10-05-2012 23:13
Smooth; I would vote for a 32 gallon trash can if that were the only alternative to the current campaigner-in-chief!!  There is NO virtue, no redeeming quality, no NOTHING that this guy has to even make me look twice.  Our nation has HUGE problems; and they are not all going to be solved by a change in presidents.  However: NONE of them will be solved and many will get WORSE if he gets a second term.
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 10-06-2012 16:43
---Mitt is a investment/banker type(which most I would like to see boiled in oil,after what has happened to my retirement savings---

I can understand your frustration with investment bankers but I had a friend of mine explain something to me when i was young..

I was talking about investing in a 401K or an IRA..  He was and still is a very wealthy man.. He asked me how many hours a week I spent working for my money.. I told him about 50hr a week at the time.. He said Ok you spend most of your time working right, and I said yes..

He said Ok how many hours a week do you spend on investing your money or planning on how to make it grow in a weeks time.. I said I didn't really think about it much.. I wanted to invest it with someone that does it for a living so it would grow better and faster.

He asked me how many hours a week my investor worked for my money.. I said he didn't he just had it given to him to invest.. He then asked how much suffering my investor would have if he lost all my money.. I said none because It wasn't his money.. He then proceeded to explain to me that there is no one out there that can invest someone Else's money the way you would invest in yourself and your own money..

I feel very sorry for people that have had there whole retirement taken away..!!!  I may wind up broke and on the street when I'm older but I will always invest in myself before trusting someone else to invest my money for me..!!

I like Romney because I respect what he has done for himself.. I don't care what anyone says starting at nothing and building extreme wealth is not an easy thing to do..!! 

Obama pulled himself from extreme poverty and went through one of the toughest schools in the world.. That is a great achievement in and of itself.. He got himself elected as the first Black president in the USA.. Yet again a great achievement..  I honestly do respect him for what he has done with his life..!!

That being said I don't think he is a very good leader.. He may be perfect on paper but he doesn't have what it takes to lead this country out of a hole..

I have seen well educated Rig engineers draw up the perfect plans for a rig and they will have it on a 3D computed model and you can twist and turn it every which way and it will all be perfect but when You start putting it together it doesn't work.. Its one wreck after another and the company looses money like crazy..  I have also seen old welders\fitters that have built a hundred rigs spot the problems while they were still on the print and fix them infuriating the engineers..!!

I feel like Obama is a well educated engineer.. He may have it all perfect on paper but it just doesn't work in real life..

I feel like Romney is like an old welder.  He may not make sense to you at first when he says things but he has enough experience being a governor leading people and being a successful business man making a ton of money that he will do a good job on working with Congress and leading us out of this economic Black hole..!!

I'm not as educated as most of you on here so take my thoughts with a grain of salt but That's my two cents worth..
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-06-2012 20:03
RC, Exactly right on the investment part and something I will have to live with till I die. As far as Mitt for president,hope your right!!!! Osama may look good on paper but organizing committees and getting money raised for new urban playgrounds don't qualify you to be president. Osama might be a good guy just not a good president
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Barry's Tax plan?????
1 2 Previous Next