Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Layoffs if Obama is Re elected
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-10-2012 20:43
Just read this,

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ceo-workers-youll-likely-fired-131640914.html

This is the second place, very large company that has told it employees that if Barry gets re elected that there will be changes to the company. The one I read above and the other who's name I will not mention but is a HUGE company a cousin of mine works for. They told the employees that if Barry gets back into office that they will loose lots of government contracts and thus will be forced to layoff hundreds or thousands of employees.

I'd like to get into a shop, hire a guy or two but reading about his tax plan, I think that I will have to watch and wait before I dive in.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-10-2012 22:24
Shaun, Buddy you really know how to open a can of worms!!!!!!:yell::yell: Last post you put up about Barry's tax plan" I GOT HAMMERED":eek::eek::eek: The liberals on here (AL,HENRY& a few others) called me ignorant/stupid, a dip sh!t , racist and best of all I should be "THANKFUL" to pay extra taxes. Only thing I'm going to say is this guy should get ahold of AL.(He has no problem paying extra taxes, if he pays this guys overage he could save alot of jobs) Oh and Henry!!!!! You could give him a lecture on building his own business:grin::grin::grin:( I believe you told me it's no big deal alot of people do it:roll::roll::roll::roll:)   AH Liberals, they love being in the 47%!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-10-2012 23:02
Sorry Smooth! Just wanting to put this stuff out there just in case some folks missed it. I know we've had some Presidents with faults but this guy. I wouldn't trust him with a bowl of popcorn. Can't believe anything he says then the leftist media is, well, awful.
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 10-10-2012 22:30
barack's boys have already told a couple of defense contractors to NOT notify their employees of the pending layoff (1-1-2013) as required by law (I forget the name of the Act that requires notification).

They have been told that IF they are sued over this, the White House will pick up the tab.  Yea, right.

Griff
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-10-2012 22:57
Yep, I know what your talking about Griff. That's what the place this guy works for ignored. They told the employees exactly what would happen, layoffs because of lost government work and then I hear that Barry is trying to change the law so they are not allowed to tell the employees. This guy is as shady as the worlds largest Redwood stand.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-12-2012 03:55 Edited 10-12-2012 17:14
YEA Shawn!  Why ya always got the boat paddle out stirring that pot.  Trouble maker!  Civility is an OPTION.  :twisted::twisted::twisted:

The name of the notification law is called the Warn Act.  If a certain level/amount are to be laid off the company is required to provide 60 days notice.  Happened to me when aircraft/economy tanked a few years back....no worries China has stepped up to by the rights and remnants of the company, Chinese private jets.

BTW I was amazed at the VP debate debacle.  Has Ryan been gagged by the GOP or does he truly not have anything to offer?  He was pointedly asked on the Romney/Ryan tax plan for specifics on the "loopholes/deductions" they would close to offset the 20% tax cut.  He gave no answer just repetition.  When confronted on foreign policy/security issues he was vague and pointless.  I know the VP debate means little but I think the republicans better present some facts/figures and the actual tax/budget plan to back it up.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-12-2012 21:00
Well, you know, somebody has to churn the waters!!

Heck, why do Romney/Ryan have to have details of their budget? Obama/Biden have not had a budget in three years!! LOL!! Just Romney/Ryan talking about HAVING one is better than the current administration! Hahaha!!!

I just notice how Mr. Rude....I mean Biden kept butting in out of turn, interrupting Ryan. Poor guy couldn't get in a complete sentence. Almost like the first Presidential debate. Ol' Barry went over his two minutes A LOT and Mr. Jim Lefty Lehrer would hardly say anything. When Romney hit his two though Jim was on top of it, times up he would say and cut him off mid sentence. So far the debates have been laughable with the "unbiased" media we have...oh, the unbiased was meant in a very sarcastic tone.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-12-2012 22:57
Cummins, At least Ryan gets it "We have to stop spending money like we have been" :eek::eek::eek:NO LIBERAL/DEMOCRAT will ever make a statement like this. What I like NOW is the Federal Government  was on the news about ALL the student loans that were given out under OSAMA and now alot are in default!!!!!!!! Bottom line: The Feds. are warning you ( college slackers) " Don't  think your NOT going to repay your student loans because we (FED. GOV.) will get our money from you" !!!!!!!!( tax refunds,rebates,SSI bennys ,wage garnishment,etc.) EXCELLENT THE FREE RIDE IS OVER, GET A FRICKIN JOB YOU SLACKER!!!!!!!!! :yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell: From Pittsburgh home of the "old,tired,slow" Pittsburgh STILLERS( lose to Titans really)!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-13-2012 01:16
I'm still paying on mine! LOL! I was thru your neck of the woods last Thursday Smooth. Drove right past Pittsburgh on 79 and remembered somebody lived in Pittsburgh! Thought it was you!
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 10-12-2012 23:43 Edited 10-14-2012 00:06
Shawn,

Biden interrupted Mr. Ryan approximately 80 (eighty) times during the debate.

Griff

P.S.

The un-official count is 83 interruptions.

Griff
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-13-2012 00:52
Griff, Tells you something about a persons character when you (Biden) run your mouth trying to desperately keep someone else from getting out their point of view!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: Kind of like a conservative being called stupid,racist,etc.by liberals when they don't like your point of view!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 10-14-2012 00:04
Smooth Operator,

You are right.  Liberals are only liberal with other liberals. That was redundant again. Oh well..

Griff
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-13-2012 02:40
Biden as VP has been good insurance against assination for Barry O.
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-13-2012 18:45
Dave, Pretty bad when you come away from a debate and your known in the press as "doubling down on denial" for the fiasco going on w/Libya tragedy !!!!!!!! Caused by Osama's administration, the way the facts are coming out, tragic for our country for sure !!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry: Osama's clearly in over his head !!!!!!:yell::yell::yell:
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 10-14-2012 00:00
Dave,

I had not thought of that!!   Very good point!

Griff
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 10-14-2012 16:51
They waiting for 1 to be standing in front if the other 2 birds with 1 stone.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-15-2012 03:25
At least Pelosi is out of the #3 position, it would be really hard to get all 3 of them lined up...:wink::wink:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-18-2012 11:32
Pelosi...why did you have to bring her into the picture Dave!? LOL!! I don't wish ill on any person but she clearly is not a person, if she tripped and fell off the curb right in front of a bus and her head wash smashed like a grape, I would celebrate, I admit it.
Parent - By jpill (**) Date 10-18-2012 13:59
Awwwww now. Lay off old Naincy, if she gets any more face lifts she will have two knots on her forehead and a goatee.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-18-2012 21:14
If I remember right, speaker of the house gets the #1 job if Pres & VP are unable to hold office. Goinng on really faded memory, Sec. of Agriculture is 4th or 5th in line.
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 10-19-2012 01:08
dave,

You are correct on the Speaker of the House being next in line.  I don't remember who would be next.

Griff
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-18-2012 23:52
Cummins, Funny you feel like that about a woman politician!!!!! My vote would be for the SHAMELESS, most inexperienced political hack in the USA. Hillrod Clinton, who just accepted responsibility for the LIBIYA debacle !!!!!!! ( Henry you owe me an apology!!!!!):grin::grin::grin: Always wanted to ask her " How could you stay with a morally backrupt man who made you lie on national television about getting B.J.'s in the white house from an intern?????????( apparently didn't matter to her):eek::eek::eek::eek: Her political carreer is more important:razz::razz::razz: Makes you wonder about that whole family ?????? I always wondered when Slick Willy spoke to family did he "WAG HIS FINGER" at them like he does to the public when he gives his diatribes???????:yell::yell::yell::yell: From Pittsburgh ; One more month till I can get back to my normal life,can't wait!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-19-2012 00:35
hahahahaha     Smooth the Clintons are really a business partnership they call a marriage....remember they are both lawyers.  They had built quite a reputation down here before he run for pres...both for different reasons of course. :wink:   I met Bill when I was a teenager, he is a real personable, likable guy....probably a textbook perfect example of the word "polititian".
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-20-2012 21:19
It's not about woman politicians, it's about one woman politician, Pelosi. I can't stand that lady. Everytime she opens her mouth to say something I'm climbing onto chairs and tables to avoid the piles of shyte spewing from that hole under her nose.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 10-25-2012 22:22
Im looking at adding onto the 11 hands we have. But waiting to see who is elected. Our shop is small business, but not big enough for tax deductions so we're at 42% tax. I'll be laying off employees if O is reelected. I'll work extra hours to keep caught up.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-26-2012 02:48
THat is the truth of it Kaye...I want to make a part timer full time but I am waiting until after the elections to make a go of it.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-26-2012 07:28
Everybody is big enough for deductions, perhaps You need a better accoutant ?

I do understand [and agree] that You want to see which way the wind will blow before making busness decisions.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-26-2012 11:03 Edited 10-26-2012 11:10
I'm looking at a shop Kaye and have talked to the guy, priced everything and just waiting. If I jump now and then in two months they jack my taxes the guy(s) I want to hire and the happy rental property guy will most likely become unhappy again.

Dave, I think what Kaye is saying is we are small enough not to get the large breaks on community taxes, state and such. I know companies move in around here and the town is kissing their own arse giving tax breaks, power company breaks and the whole nine yards for 5-10 years. Us little suckers get to make up for the big breaks.

Obama wants to raise taxes, income/payroll to 52%! Really, more than half, that's just crazy. I'm still one that believes that maybe, just maybe a little government shrinkage is in order and I don't mean shrink the military. They do that same stuff at the state and county level. When it comes to hard times what to they intend to reduce? Schools and Police/Fire. Why? Because they are bending us over the barrel and know we will give in. Same think with the gub'ment. Oh, we'll have to cut military and medicare or SSN. Not the common sense stuff like not paying for some botanical garden b.s., in NYC or some other lame arse b.s. a congressman or senator has come up with. They won't cut pay raises for themselves but military, yeah, that's no problem.

I saw our mayor of Nashville walking up the steps the other morning. The guys I was with said, "Is the mayor riding the bus?". The other guy said, "yeah, practically every day". They talked about why don't he drive the little electric car or better yet have the driver pick him up in the morning. I told them I thought that was pretty cool. He was riding the bus. Not waisting our taxes on gas toting his butt around. Using the public transportation is better than his electric car. That's the kind of guy I could vote for.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-27-2012 03:17
Not only does riding the bus show You are serious about limiting the direct cost of local Govt, it is good PR as they can't say the guy is not out amongst the working class people.

Pelosi should try it...:lol::lol::lol:
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-27-2012 17:23
Dave, I think I remember somebody on here wanting to throw her under a bus!!!!!!! (can't recall who it was though) :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: From Pittsburgh: "STAND DOWN"....."STAND DOWN":evil::evil::evil::evil:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-28-2012 00:23
Beep, beep.......
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-28-2012 01:40
Beep beep heck.....VROOM VROOOOOOOOOMMMM  bounce splat bounce
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-28-2012 10:21
errrrrrr......click, click, beep, beep..beep(backup alarm) clunk, bounce, smash... LOL!!!
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 11-02-2012 04:26
so billy boy got a little on the side he cwassd onre hell of a great presidernt for a good read
i believe bits called the friends of clinton very interesting that one man could know so many individuals
who met untimrly demise. America should change the rules and let him run again
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Layoffs if Obama is Re elected