Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / You guys in the NorthEast
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-29-2012 15:10
...keep your heads down, Sandy looks pretty nasty.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-30-2012 02:41
Thoughts and prayers from New Zealand for my fellow American's and Canadian's.  Stay strong, stay safe, stay indoors!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-30-2012 05:08
So far, so good. The storm is inland and is now a NorEaster. I am far enough inland that We are just getting wind & rain, about as strong as a nasty frontal passege delivers.

I got gas for the Ranger 9 and ran it on Saturday, but so far the power has not stayed off for long. Fine with Me if the power stays on.

Costal areas of course got hit much harder. Most people that needed to evacuate did so in good time, except for Atlantic City NJ, where the mayor set up a shelter in town on the island, against the Governor's evacuaction orders. They had planned to evacuate those people by boat in the morning, but with the storm having lost intensity, I don't know if they will have too.

There are a whole lot of peole without power over a huge area, not a contiguous outage, but many different events.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-30-2012 10:35
Our power is still on....<fingers crossed>...but the wind is kicking up pretty good...but nothing like what I've seen on the TV from our neighbors to my North.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-31-2012 01:55
Just hunkerdown fellas...   On a positive note it will create a lot of work!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / You guys in the NorthEast