Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Last rod of the day
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-31-2012 02:14 Edited 10-31-2012 03:03
I pulled up my hood after finishing my last weld on the job and caught this pick of my bud finishing his last bullet.

We were hanging 22,000 and 34,000 lb concrete panels on the side of a new building.  They called me and said "ahh about two days worth"  I got out there and it was more like 40hrs.  Thank God for good friends who can show up when your in a bind because I only had two days free to get it done.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 10-31-2012 17:16
Nice pic.
Parent - By unclematt (***) Date 10-31-2012 18:27
Thats a heck of a sight. The Lord had his paint brushes handy that evening. Thanks for posting.

Have a good one;
Matt
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-31-2012 19:38
Sweet picture!! I see the camera crew is with you again!!
- - By Dualie (***) Date 10-31-2012 03:50
thats a tilt up for you.   Never trust a GC or a concrete contractor to figure out how much welding there is in one.     Cuz i assure you it will be wrong.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-02-2012 00:09 Edited 11-02-2012 00:24
LOL Dualie,

It amazes me sometimes, "it is just four inches of weld that is not even a full rod"....course position or process never enters their mind unless they are an old school fella that has seen it enough times to remember it.  The estimator got burned pretty good on it...I offered to to give them figures to go by on the next welding project...for a fee of course.:grin:

I am on the gravy train now at the LRAFB.  I got two laborers and one smart guy who I can trust with layouts all supplied by the GC.  They were way behind and we are already a day ahead of expectations after ONE day.  I did not pick up anything heavier then a 4ft level today..its like being on vacation!!  All I have to do is burn rods and point!  They only thing that bothered me today is I am really committed to this job..I will not pull off of it because lots of other subcontractors are counting on what I am doing (they have been waiting for this to get approved and done for 8 mos) so I told them I am here every day until its all rolling, I had to turn down three jobs today because of that.  I HATE turning ANY work away.  I hope everyone else is seeing an unusual amount of work out there....fall has been kick butt.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Last rod of the day