Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / GO VOTE (if you have not already done so!!) (locked)
- - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-04-2012 20:48 Edited 11-06-2012 13:10
Tuesday is coming!!  Done a lot of listening and talking with friends and aquaintances this weekend and have drawn the firm conclusion that anyone who professes to love our Republic can NOT vote for Obama.  We may not have a great alternative; and you may have to hold your nose:  but GO vote for Romney.  There is simply NO way that a rational human can look at the facts and say "yeah, Barry is the best we can do this time".  You can be Dem, Repub, or Indy......but for the sake of our future, our children's future, and the viability of our Republic.......you MUST vote Republican this time.

"For the reasonable to agree and those not so inclined to ponder"
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 11-04-2012 23:03
One question, how in the h--- do these people even have to ponder on who to vote for? I am just a little shop, used to have 1-2 people working for me all the time, now I have been a one man band for two years now. If Osama gets relected I am closing the doors, why, No way I can legally hire anyone. No way I can pay contract labor, all the scabs running around here think thier worth 100 bucks a hour. I am fifty two now and you younger folks got your hands full.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-05-2012 15:20
Been a one man band for almost 5 years now! Other than some temp help once in awhile.

Sure ain't easy but don't have to worry about the employee woes I hear from friends!!! Only guy the boss can cuss out is me!! And I don't care what he thinks so he leaves me alone!! LOL!!
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 11-05-2012 13:49
Mailed my vote in last Wednesday!

QCRobert
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-05-2012 14:57
Will be at the poll's door before they open tomorrow morning to get a jumpstart on the line that will be forming down the sidewalk. I found if I get there around 5:15-5:30, that I can be the first or second person through the line when they open at 6:00. I'll just be a hour late for work, so not to have to stand in those long lines after work.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-06-2012 01:22
I am rolling up early on the job I am doing to go pick up wife and voting age kids and drag em all to the polls.  I have a feeling I will be starting a family tradition.:grin:
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-06-2012 02:38
I'm going to vote even if I have to crawl to the ballot box!!!

After all, It's our CIVIC DUTY!!!
So if I can go vote, then everybody else in here can too!!! Don't Forget or come up with an excuse not to VOTE!!! It's time to VOTE!!!

Also, I really do not appreciate someone else telling me who I must vote for in here!!!
One can Suggest, One can Recommend but,  One should never be allowed to demand other people to vote for whoever it is they want to elect!!!

End of Complaint John Wright and Ross..

I'm gonna vote for whoever I Want to vote for and that's what freedom is all about.:cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 11-06-2012 03:08
I voted last week :lol:
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-06-2012 13:16
Henry, please note I am not unilaterally telling anyone to vote Romney.  What I AM telling you is that IF you profess love of our Republic; the ONLY choice IS Romney.  PERIOD.  Vote for whomever you wish; BUT don't profess love of our Republic if you vote for Obama THIS time!!  The action of voting for Obama is mutually exclusive of loving our Republic.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-06-2012 17:29
Sean, what (if I may ask) is your authority that you can determine how "love of our Republic" is qualified? Do you in fact even understand the concept of a Republic?

Are you that experienced in world affairs you think you can tell people how their love for freedom is determined by your opinion of a politician?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-07-2012 04:19
Ron. I am not going to argue your point. However, I DO NOT beleive that Freedom and Love of Country can be determined by a Muslim !
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-06-2012 12:02
Got my little sticker. :cool:
- - By texwelder (***) Date 11-06-2012 04:10
I voted Friday evening and I have to agree no matter what party you there is only one choice this time we have to vote Romney for the survival of our great country
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 11-06-2012 17:00
I've got a 300 mile round trip to the polls today. It will give me 2 hours to finalize this tough decision.
Mormon, muslim???????
Parent - By crahner (**) Date 11-07-2012 02:21
I am simple but that sounds easy.  Christian or not.  One nation under God!
- - By texwelder (***) Date 11-07-2012 02:58
WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY WHERE DID OUR FELLOW RED BLOODED CHRISTIAN AMERICANS GO THE MUSLIM IS WINNING ONE TIME OOPS SECOND TIME REALLY THIS IS TERRIBLE
Parent - By crahner (**) Date 11-07-2012 03:13
it is the mexican vote they thought he said he was muy slim
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-07-2012 04:15
WE ARE SCREWED !!!!!!!!
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-07-2012 04:27
F*ck it ! I think I will move to Mexico ! Maybe I will run for President of Africa ! It makes just as much sense as what has just happened !
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-07-2012 04:55
HOLD ON AMERICA IF YOU WORK FOR A LIVIN' " HERE COMES THE PAIN"  I'm afraid its' gonna be a long, hard ,bumpy & painful 4 year slo-o-o-o-w ride on our arses' !!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
- By texwelder (***) Date 11-07-2012 04:35
WELL MY FELLOW WELDERS IN THE OILFIELD WE ARE DONE THIS TIME GOD HELP US
- - By texwelder (***) Date 11-07-2012 04:37
WHO IS GOING TO BAIL US THE UNITED STATES OUT WHEN WE GO BANKRUPT JUST A THOUGHT
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-07-2012 04:40
Noone will Tex.  But BHO will be happy when we are reduced to third world status............make things globally a little more fair ya know....
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-07-2012 09:02
Stop your whining already!!!

All of you folks who work in the patch will be doing just fine Tex, SMTatham, and the craziest knucklehead in there, Cactus...

You all just need to chill a little and before you know it, you'll be busier than ever okay???

Btw, Cactus, He's not a Muslim... He's a  God Fearing Genuine Christian Dude!!! You need to stop reading that BS!!!

SMT, you don't have a friggin clue of who I am and I don't expect you to but, you are not qualified as Ron G. so eloquently confronted you with the very same question...
Be a man, and take your loss, and pray for him to do better this time... If you do that, then we can work on your hatred towards the man that is ill founded.

I believe beyond that hatred of yours towards everything he represents as well as anyone else who is on his side, there's a good Man!!! A Happy Full blooded compassionate
Christ who follows Jesus Christ's, And I mean the real Jesus Christ's teachings that totally doesn't support your outward hatred towards your fellow man who is different in how he thinks, believes in... In other words not following and condemning someone that you haven't a clue to who he really is and labeling him a Muslim???

That is not the proper behavior of a genuine red blooded respectful Christian!!! You are behaving disingenuously towards the President of the United States who has been vetted to the core of his being and yet you seriously believe that he's really an extreme muslin plant that's going to take over the world and make your life change into nothing but misery??? Man are you spacing out in total paranoia!!! However, I will pray for you SMT! I wish you and your family nothing but the best! I mean no harm to you!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / GO VOTE (if you have not already done so!!) (locked)