Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / MORE GREAT NEWS FOR OBAMA FANS !!!
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-10-2012 15:44
For all of the Obama Supporters ............Happy now ? this is just the beginning !! And UNDERSTAND this, If you are a Welder, THIS WILL EFFECT YOU !!!!!

http://www.drillingahead.com/page/obama-administration-limits-drilling-on-federal-lands-after-elect?xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_page
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-10-2012 16:26
One more step in the WRONG direction.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-10-2012 20:47 Edited 11-10-2012 21:31
Sure hope I don't OFFEND any Supporters, but the Truth Hurts !!!!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-10-2012 23:37
Do you mean the etch-a-sketch Truth that "Romnesia" tends to promote as a side effect when one becomes infected with "Romnesia":yell::yell:!!!

That article is so right wing influenced that I'm disappointed they (meaning the people interviewed that were Republican) weren't more insecure & angry than what they expressed:eek::roll::yell::lol::twisted: The Truth never hurt me because I never tell a Lie and that's the way I was raised!!!:lol::cool:

The Republicans and the Gas & Oil Lobby should try to get in touch with the President DIRECTLY instead of going through the whole outdated process of getting their message to open up more Federal land for exploration not only in Colorado, but all of the other 49 states as well... There's enough around for everyone to make a killing and all one has to do is to go and get the President's attention, like I said before in a DIRECT manner - Capeche???

I mean Heck, what do you got to lose??? It certainly will not cost anywhere near what was spent to try and become the next President of These United States of America, because business wise, the huge amount of money spent with no return says a lot about how the King makers totally messed up and should be held accountable for screwing up as lousy as they did!!!:eek::eek::eek::yell::yell::yell::roll::roll::roll::sad::sad::sad::mad::evil::cry::confused::wink:

Do yourselves a favor and do the lobbying yourselves this way you can decide how and where your money is spent to get the President's ear because he says that he wants to hear from folks like you Dwayne err I mean Cactus... I'm dead serious about getting in touch with the President yourself!!! Who knows, you may just be the one that helped to open up the proverbial flood gates and y'all will be howling at the moon about all of the gas & oil and shale leases you opened up!!! Go get'em Cactus!!!:yell::lol::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry Your Friendly Leftie:wink::cool:
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 00:03
Henry, I have one question. If he is the "Chosen One", WHY did he wait until AFTER the election to make such a decision ? Surely you are not naive enough to beleive he was only presented with this issue AFTER the election.....Are you ?  I know I know, that was two questions. And now some food for thought. Everyone needs to realize how much ALL of our incomes and lives are effected by the Oil and Gas Indusrty.
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:13
I do not understand how corparations sell the natural resources of this country.It is bad enough went they steal and de-value private property with mineral rights, but federal lands belong to every one of us.If you are going to mine on federal land, maybe some of the money should go to balance the budget. Get em Henry
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:30
Do you think that drilling and production on Federal land is FREE???    It is LEASED.  Just like on private ground; except the public entity(us) gets the royalty.
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:41
I am not part of the lease  process.I am just saying that if a corparation can show billions of dollars in profit,after expenses,that maybe the leases should be a little more.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:42
Who has had "billions" in profit?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 00:46
The Mineral Owners are making just as much. They are not Publically held corps and they are not required to show you their profit. I think you would be amazed !! Read up on North Dakota about the Overnight Millionaires that the Oil Industry has created.
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-11-2012 01:00
I understand that the mining industry is pretty complicated. Some mining laws havent changed for years.Not all are owners have our best intrests in mind, some are owned and controlled by foriegn countrys.Its  just i happen to think that if it is a natural resource of this  country it shouldnt sold out to other countrys and if it is that it should benifit us as a nation
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 01:08
I could not agree more. But it is happening every day
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-11-2012 01:01
Oh I understand 100%  LOL   I was just making a point about the "billions" remark......it's um well  a stretch to think that all oil & gas companies are posting billions in profit.
Parent - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-11-2012 01:04
Didnt  mean all of them.  Just the big ones.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 01:07
Only 1 I know of is Exxon
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 00:37 Edited 11-11-2012 00:44
Do you have any Idea of how a Lease works ? The Feds (Land Owners) get 25-30% of Production for the Life of the Well or Wells.PLUS the Lease Bonus (up to $20,000 per acre in some cases) Do you really think the Government is going to share that info with any of us ? Much less the profit
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:46
You make a good point.Where has all the money gone over the years that could be re building our highways and bridges.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 00:48
BINGO !!!!
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-11-2012 00:41 Edited 11-11-2012 00:44
Henry, if only it were as simple as "getting his attention".  BHO doesn't LIKE oil, gas, and coal. Period.  His PERSONAL views and the policies his minions draft and implement are hostile to the natural resource business.  FORTUNATELY he is not the be-all and end-all with regard to this; although his leadership definitely is not in the right direction.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-11-2012 07:10 Edited 11-11-2012 07:15
But, he hasn't at all listened to folks like yourself and CACTUS and what you Gents have to say!!!
In other words, you need to distract or, introduce to the President the Idea's you have in mind, and why you gents think all of the resources should be included in his current energy policy...

And push the fact that coal can be used effectively by using the clean coal technology that has already been proven to work!
Freakin Minions!!! They're bugs that need to be squashed IMHO!!! The President needs to be distracted from them so he could really listen to the people,
and what they have to say!!!

Buy him a Burger for lunch because he does enjoy them and will have one just as long as his wife is not in tow!:eek::lol::lol::lol::roll::wink::twisted::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-11-2012 15:39
Henry, the point is that his mind is already made up!  He has a track record as well of being very hostile to the industry.  It's not as simple as talking to him and he'll say "oh yeah you are right"
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-11-2012 21:44
Well if you don't even try, then you'll never know right???

So this is an opportunity that folks who work in the patch and not the ones who represent you all - meaning API, etc., are going to pass up because of what the President has said in the past??? Well that's some defeatist thinking IMHO!:eek::confused::neutral:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2012 22:32
Henry, I think you are right ! Do you happen to have his contact info ? I think I will just call him up and see if he can meet us all down at the Local Burger King at discuss all of this over a Burger as you suggested. Hell, lets even have him meet us in your neck of the woods so you can attend. I will fly up and rent a car in order to make it. What do you think ?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 08:34 Edited 11-12-2012 08:36
Let me see if I can get a hold of him, and then we'll find out if he's really sincere or just full of it!!! But I don't think he'll like Burger King even though I don't mind them at all...

Yeah Dwayne, I believe he prefers greasy spoon/Diner Cheese Burgers!!! Beautiful!!! Man!!! That would be awesome for him to sit down with us to listen and maybe change his mind by enlightening him about all of the jobs he could create if he would just open up more Federal lands to lease for drilling, and loosening some of the regulations @ EPA so Keystone can start up, and to let him know how many new jobs this project will create not only building and running the pipeline, but also all of the jobs all of this new energy will create in and all around the USA!!! Then convince him that the technology already exists for clean coal and to show him how we could even make oil & gasoline out of coal!!!

All we need is to get him to either come around here or to go to the White House itself and let him know what a great opportunity this would be for all of us involved!!!

Heck, I can dream can't I!!! Hey Dwayne maybe he'll give you his signature, or even better by showing you his birth certificate!!! Now wouldn't that be great Dwayne???

Shoot!!! he'll probably even show us his Collage transcripts!!! Now wouldn't the Donald be pissed!!! To hell with him right???

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-12-2012 04:26
Take Your president welding/drilling/mining ?:grin:

They used to suggest taking Your represetative hunting, but I wouldn't have wanted to take Cheney...:eek:
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-12-2012 04:39
This was forewarded to Me:

This was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

If this offends anybody, all I can say is don't take it too personally, afterall it is just an opinion.

Opinions are like as$holes, everybody has one, and they all stink.

I am lucky to still have mine [as$hole that is], I came really close to loosing it from cancer.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-12-2012 14:27
The "like" button!!  Where is it??  Well said.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-10-2012 16:58
I was sick when I saw the election results because I knew more bad news just like this would be soon to follow.

Unemployment is sure to keep rising along with his horrible decisions!
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 11-11-2012 20:35
I am not for sure but heard John McCain had more votes in 08 than Mitt.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 11-11-2012 21:23
Romney was a complete moron during the run up to the election.  I actually started to think he was trying to lose the election.  The Republicans are so out touch, that it's going to take quite a while to repair the damage done by Romney.  It's going to take another Reagan for republicans to get into back into the Oval Office.
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 11-12-2012 00:52
And I wish the new Ragan would step foward.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / MORE GREAT NEWS FOR OBAMA FANS !!!