Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Do You Want to Honor a Veteran? (locked)
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 04:41
If you really want to honor Veterans as well as those who serve, all of who took a lifetime oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, I can't think of a more fitting way than to read the US Constitution. 

Read it carefully, thoughtfully, and purposefully until you understand the content.  Teach the principles to your family members.  Discuss it with friends and those at work.

Let it guide your vote.  When you see a legislator pushing for unconstitutional policy, call them on it, literally.  It has never been easier to communicate with our elected officials.  It has also never been easier to be an informed American.

If you honestly hold any reverence for the sacrifices made by those who serve and those who have served, please, do your part as a responsible beneficiary of those sacrifices.  They were made on behalf of you and your family.  Know our Constitution.  Expect your elected officials to follow it, and regularly let them know you are paying attention.

Thanks.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-12-2012 05:06
Many Liberals believe that the constitution is a "living document" and should be changed as needed to suit situations as they may come up.

I don't think all of Our present officials combined have the inteligence and integrity of the those few who drafted it.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 05:21
There is of course legal means for change to the document, through the amendment process (Article 5).  This is entirely different from violating what it currently states.

This is one of many aspects on which the public needs education.  Our legislators have been trampling the document for so long it is virutally ignored today.  I encourage all to be a part of that education process.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-12-2012 05:44
Yes, and the ammendment process is not supposed to be used [and has not been] every time the political wind changes direction.

I don't think the education You suggest is taught in public schools anymore, it got little coverage when I was in school.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-12-2012 16:26
@ Blaster. Would you mind being more specific "When you see a legislator pushing for unconstitutional policy". I obviously missed where and when this occurred.

That is unless, this is just another tirade by some one up set because they didn’t get their way,
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-12-2012 17:20
Just reading this thread Ron, and it strikes me that there are a lot of laws on the books that do not pass Constitutional muster. (the Patriot Act just as an example)  not to mention the agencies and sub-agancies that have proliferated with no constitutional authority for their existence.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 19:30
First Ron, I don't appreciate your insinuation.  I gave 7 years active duty in the Army in an attempt to carry at least a small part of my share of the load for freedom.

I feel a huge obligation to those who sacrificed before me, so that I could have the freedom and comfort I enjoy today.

I have been politically active for as long as I can remember.  I communicate with my legislators regularly.  I ask them to honor the Constitution, the sacrifices of our forefathers, and to do what is right for the country and for the next generations, not to do what may be in my best personal interest.  BTW, I am 46 and do not have any children... it is not my kids I advocate for.

Second, I encourage you to do your own study on the issue.  However I will provide a few examples off the top of my head:

Affirmative action:  Violates 14th Amendment

Laws providing preferential treatment for members of specific "victim groups":  Violates 14th Amendment

Laws prohibiting the carry of loaded firearms:  Violates 2nd Amendment

Social Security, Medicare, Department of Education, Obamacare, Federal flood insurance programs, Cash for Clunkers, Federal subsidies... there is a list of illegal federal programs that is as long as your arm.

Granted some of these programs are popular and arguably worthwhile.  There is a legal process that can be followed to provide one or more of them legitimacy under the Constitution, through the Amendment process.  However this has not been done.  Social security is as illegal today as it was almost 80 years ago.

If any part of the Constitution can by successfully violated, any other part can be.  We are either a nation of law, or we are not.  As the government moves to legislating based upon simple populace will (or apathy), the people can no longer expect any protection under the document for civil liberties or anything else.  We move from being a Constitutional Republic to simply a Republic.

I don’t have any extreme views on a forever rigid roll of the federal government.  However I think it is clear that if the federal government is not bound by its own founding and authorizing document the US Constitution, we as Americans can have no logical reason to expect protection under the document.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-12-2012 20:48
Well said Blaster.  It is worth noting that the Constitution was drafted for the people to control and contain the government; not the other way around.
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-12-2012 22:27
Blaster,

I have yet to get sucked into the different postings on political views that have been posted here recently in the OTBG.  But here goes. First thankyou you are right.  It's nice to see people that still care about our country and hold our country officals accountable.  I do the same.  I got politicaly aware at about twenty six after wondering why it seemed so much harder to make the same achievements compared to my grandfather who raised two kids and a stay at home wife off a Kirby salesman salary and retired very nicely by working the American dream.  But in my own eyes I have achieved it by simplicity and opting not to support Government. Not everyone is made for success yet we support the short comings by way of goverment subsidey which back in the day was through family and comunity. I choose to make my stand by ignoring what these retards say and live my life in liberty.  They may be able to take civil liberties but they can never take my faith. 

By practicing what is preached through simplistic means I will be retired by fourty and as for my kids. My six year old can shoot better than most grown men. My eight year old made his own tree house and knows how to use a level read a tape measure to the sixteenth and make a square cut.  Now this may sound redneck to most people because I dont have cable nor a t.v. and all my kids already have their own buisness chicken farming  but we are top tier people I dont and nor will ever need a handout or a governing body to tell me what my rights are.  It's my bible that sets precident and is what set the foundation of this country. 

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink OR you can feed him a tube and force him.  People looking for help is OK but people looking for a freebee is unaceptable.

I know I strayed way off topic but American people have been force fed B/s for so long they just think that is what made this land so special. They might as well live in a feed lot.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 21:09
Also Ron, if you want to discuss specific wording in the Constitution, specific laws, etc, please start your own thread.  This thread is simply a request for people, out of a sense of patriotism, to read their Constitution carefully, come to their own conclusions, and then act accordingly.

I don't want this thread to deteriorate into some kind of partison or right v. left bickering.

Thanks.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-12-2012 22:06
You opened the door and made some statements, I ask you to specify what you felt was unconstitutional. I also ask if you were sincere in this subject matter.

What’s to be offended of? If you feel so strongly about it why would my questions cause such a reply as “I don’t appreciate”? Do think maybe all should just follow your whim with out asking why?

From all appearances you consider your self well informed and on equal terms with professional law makers but you do not own any real estate here sir. If you don’t want replies to your comments, don’t make them. There is an area for Blog’s here also if you want to attract an audience.

As far as bickering is concern you seem to have that cornered. I have been a member of this Forum from day one and I unlike you do not hide who I am.

One last note, I also served this (my) country in Korea (tail end) and Nam (from the get go) but then so did so many others.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 22:26
Ron - Nothing wrong with your question what so ever.

However this "That is unless, this is just another tirade by some one up set because they didn’t get their way".  That was completely unnecessary.

I fail to see the relevance, but my name is Rod McDonald.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-13-2012 00:04
Rod aka Blaster; to be sure I wanted to know just that. "That is unless, this is just another tirade by someone upset because they didn’t get their way". and if that were true then I would have had to write you off as one of the people who just want to make noise (take up band width) for no real purpose other than another failed attempt to convince people to see things through their very narrow point of view .
I feel it’s a shame you are offended when ask to validate yourself and the relevance has to do with just that. Are you just voice in a dark room or do you want to be taken seriously?
Rest assured I meant you no malice, just wanted to know whom I have the pleasure of addressing and what type of person you might be. Because from what I have read of your postings I think you take a very dim view of the efforts of others to trying to do what we (the American people) have ask them to do. Now if you think they should be able to get it right 1st try every time and they can please all, all the time, just ignore me because you will never convince me.
I am a firm believer that they only people who make mistakes are the ones making an effort or out in the shop “ The only ones who @#$% up are the ones trying to do something”.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 22:08 Edited 11-12-2012 22:10
So let me get this straight blaster... If one teaches @ an accredited educational institution in the US of A, then they're working for an entity associated with agency that works together with the Department of Education... Does that make them an accessory to a criminal entity such as the Dept. of Education???

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-12-2012 22:13
Henry, I often wondered about you and now we know what a master criminal you are:twisted: but I will never tell.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 22:28 Edited 11-12-2012 22:38
Mums the word Ron...:eek: Btw, how's that Quarter horse doing???:lol::lol::lol::cool: Finally, Thank you for your service to this great country of OURS!!!
You too Blaster, or whatever your real name is.:lol::wink::roll:

P.S. I remember when I first came here and Ron was here already, he doesn't remember this but, he was sincere in welcoming me to this forum and has spoken his mind ever since!

It certainly is a privilege to know you Ron!:cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-13-2012 00:20
Henry, I feel a need to apologize to you for not saying THANK YOU! For all the valuable information (and great photos) you have posted over the years. I have a library of information I have accumulated from this Forum going back to when it first started and some heavy hitters from AWS & ASME posted often. But some of my prize items are books you provided links that could be down loaded. I use them regularly.
AS an observation of your postings as of late, it seems you may be doing better than you were this time last year. I sure hope that is the case friend.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 01:42
You might want to lay off some of that white lightning that you have been sipping on lately hillbilly!
You may even be able to write something that makes sense because right now, everything that you're posting sounds like it's coming from one angry, sad person that's a sore loser - CAPECHE???

Do you even know what that means??? Is your dog doing the typing for you?? ROTFLMFAO!!! WOW!!!
THIS IS TOO LOPSIDED A CONVERSATION!!! AGAIN, ROTFLMFAO!!!

Respect to everyone else except, well you know who!!!
Henry
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 03:07 Edited 11-13-2012 17:12
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 03:54
I know for a fact that your dog is smarter than you and if you got a cat, then this one speaks for yours:
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 04:01 Edited 11-13-2012 17:12
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:29
Man O man do you have a demented mind... ROTFLMFAO!!! Are you sure you don't have one up yours instead???
You do know what the word karma means  right hillbilly??? Look ou because it coming right at you and it's gonna hit you right between the eyes, and you'll never know where it came from so, you can run but you cannot hide from Karma!!! She's a mean ***** and she's coming after you hillbilly... To be continued... Too bad, So sad...
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 05:38 Edited 11-13-2012 17:13
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:45 Edited 11-13-2012 05:52
Ya'll come back now here??? ROTFLMFAO!!!

You wouldn't know what a hillbilly is if one smacked you right across your face!!!  know that for a fact because I live in Hill Billy Country Where the Home of The Pittsburgh Steelers are!!! Who just won another nail biter on Monday Night!!!  Watch out for that Woman named Karma hill billy!!! I heard she's looking for you. ROTFLMFAO!!!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 06:07 Edited 11-13-2012 17:13
deleting my own post
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 06:19
That's what they all say!!! And then they lose everything except for the clothes they're wearing!!! You won't see Karma or the Fox coming hill billy!!!

The only thing you'll remember is when you were in the middle of a field scratching your head wondering what happened to every thing you own punk!!!

That's when you'll know that the Fox and/or Karma came to pay you a visit, so get ready for the PAIN!!! It'll be @ your doorstep soon enough since you're doing such a good job moving up the ranks that you'll feel it soon!!!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 03:57 Edited 11-13-2012 17:14
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 04:06 Edited 11-13-2012 05:29
Thank God I don't And Btw, you can keep it!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 04:53 Edited 11-13-2012 17:14
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:33
Bye, Bye!!! Look out for that karma dim wit!!! It's coming at you boy!!! And it doesn't leave any change for your soon to be begging azz! ROTFLMFAO!!!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 05:53 Edited 11-13-2012 17:14
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 06:00
Forty years old huh???

Did you ever serve in the military punk??? I have! Rolling On The Floor Laughing (Don't you wish you could spell like me?) My F@ck!n% AS$ Off!!!
Do you feel lucky punk???
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 06:27 Edited 11-13-2012 17:15
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 06:58
Guess what you ingrain puke who couldn't even serve, you'll just join my ranks a bit later on down the line when your time comes PUNK!!! Then you'll wish you never said what you just did because Karma will be there with a baseball bat pounding the sh!t out of you!!!

What do I have??? A 30K vehicle, Some acreage down in sunny Dominican Republic that's worth more than you could ever fathom... Hence, my nest egg!!! Oh, you're right about one thing I have... A Bad Attitude but only towards a SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!!! KEEP DREAMING PUKE!!! KEEP DREAMING.

I'll have 25 year old's, that's as young as I'll have them catering to my every whim while I laugh out loud thinking about all the bad things that turned out for you!!! Nahhh, I can't hold any remorse, or ill will towards you because after all, you're from a "special population" and we need to give you a break for being who you are - NOT!!!

So think what you want but, when I'm eighty five and you're still only sixty five, I'll be having fun in the sun while you curse me out in your pig manure infested "Home".
How do you like me NOW??? Oh btw, My Brother has an Audi 8 down in DR, and I have an almost new Jeep as well as an older Mercedes Benz also.
So Pizz off Puke!!!
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 08:05 Edited 11-13-2012 17:15
deleting my own post
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:37
Do you always type & be read as if you got brain damage from taking to much crank, or is it from all that moonshine that's got you blind as a bat... ROTFLMFAO!!!

Remember hillbilly you need to take things in moderation come mierda!!!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 02:09
I'm trying my level best to beat this friggin scourge Ron... And so far I'm keeping my head above water if you know what I mean...
You don't owe me any apology at all Ron G. I only hope to get back to the days when I was able to post up a lot of stuff that I would find for free so, why not share the wealth?

I was thinking like a pirate back in those days, and all of the fellow welders in here were my fellow swashbucklers!!!
Anywho, I'm grateful that some of that stuff was helpful to you Ron. I'm paying it forward my friend... Paying it forward indeed.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 04:37 Edited 11-13-2012 17:15
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:21
So now I can call you Uncle Hillbilly???
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 05:55 Edited 11-13-2012 17:15
deleting my own post
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 06:04 Edited 11-13-2012 06:09
Nahhh, I'm gonna call you uncle assh@le Punk!!! Watch out for Karma hill billy!!! She's coming to hit you right across your face when she catches up with you Clown!!!

The Fox that's old age or disease will eventually catch up with your nest egg and before you know it, you will have lost everything and all because of Karma, or the Fox... So sad...
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:44
I hope Your retirement plans work out, I was pretty well retired a 32, only to find out at 44 that I had cancer.

If You have been paying FICA, You have PAID into the dream, twice as much as an employee has.

Due to My "early retirement" I am not eligible for the SSDI that Henry is recieving.

I don't need it presently, being able to live on family property with My Mom helps a lot.

Recessions are hard on nest eggs, watch that basked carefully.
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 06:33 Edited 11-13-2012 17:17
deleting my own post
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 11-12-2012 22:34
Henry - Good grief.  By that logic, if you pay any taxes to your state or federal government you are also complicit.  Sorry, you will have to come up with your own conclusions.

And likewise - all due respect to former brothers in arms.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 22:42
That's what I thought! How ironic...

As far as the Constitution is concerned, I always carry a pocket version of it where ever I go Ron.:lol::wink: Errr I mean Blaster.:lol::eek::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-12-2012 22:47 Edited 11-13-2012 17:16
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 23:35
First off, I have no beef with you or anyone else in here because we all try our level best to respect each others differences hillbilly, so I can certainly understand you disagree with my own personal philosophy... However, I do object to calling me names like you just have or to worse, associating myself with the communist party because nothing could be further from the truth!!!! In fact, My Grandfather, My Father and his Uncle's were some of the most intense Anti-Castro/Anti-communist fighters the CIA ever knew!!!

So how dare you defame my parents,my grandparents, and my honor and how uninformed are you hillbilly??? Oh yeah and who in the heck died and made you some sort of expert??? I ask this because you sure do write like some kind of amateur to me:eek::confused::lol::yell::twisted: And learn how to spell for crying out loud - especially if you're going to talk trash in here!!!

I'm a WOLF in sheep's clothing!!! Get it straight bottom shelf!!! That's the Pledge of Allegiance hillbilly! we're talking about the Constitution... You're calling me communist eh??? Well then read this bonehead!:

Francis Bellamy (1855 - 1931), a Baptist minister, wrote the original Pledge in August 1892. He was a Christian Socialist. In his Pledge, he is expressing the ideas of his first cousin, Edward Bellamy, author of the American socialist utopian novels, Looking Backward (1888) and Equality (1897). This guy wrote the Pledge of Allegiance So, look, listen and learn - CAPECHE???

And here's some more about this author of the pledge:

"His original Pledge read as follows: 'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to*) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.' He considered placing the word, 'equality,' in his Pledge, but knew that the state superintendents of education on his committee were against equality for women and African Americans. [ * 'to' added in October, 1892. ]"

"Dr. Mortimer Adler, American philosopher and last living founder of the Great Books program at Saint John's College, has analyzed these ideas in his book, The Six Great Ideas. He argues that the three great ideas of the American political tradition are 'equality, liberty and justice for all.' 'Justice' mediates between the often conflicting goals of 'liberty' and 'equality."

"In 1923 and 1924 the National Flag Conference, under the 'leadership of the American Legion and the Daughters of the American Revolution, changed the Pledge's words, 'my Flag,' to 'the Flag of the United States of America.' Bellamy disliked this change, but his protest was ignored."

"In 1954, Congress after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus, added the words, 'under God,' to the Pledge. The Pledge was now both a patriotic oath and a public prayer."

"Bellamy's granddaughter said he also would have resented this second change. He had been pressured into leaving his church in 1891 because of his socialist sermons. In his retirement in Florida, he stopped attending church because he disliked the racial bigotry he found there."

So get you data correct hillbilly otherwise, mind your own business and stop making yourself look like a fool in here okay little buddy??? Sheeesh do they ever come out of the woodwork fr crying out loud!!! Here's the link to the stuff I pasted in here:

http://www.oldtimeislands.org/pledge/pledge.htm

Enjoy the read!!! Remember folks, THIS IS THE OFF TOPIC BAR & GRILL!!! NOT THE WELDING RELATED FORUM SECTION OKAY hillbilly???

Henry
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 00:24 Edited 11-13-2012 17:17
deleting my own post
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 00:42 Edited 11-13-2012 17:17
deleting my own post
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 01:30 Edited 11-13-2012 01:44
I'm not DUMB ASS!!! I'm on SSDI... Do you know the difference??? But of course you don't!!!:eek::lol::yell::roll:
Stop putting you foot in your own mouth hillbilly!!! Btw, your money would be worthless!!!

Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Do You Want to Honor a Veteran? (locked)
1 2 Previous Next