Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Road trip tip:
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 08-13-2012 14:10
When you're on the road and don't want to or can't stop to use the facilities......Ziploc freezer bags. Ergonomical, pliant, and sealable when you're finished. Non-sexist too. Male or female, you have a wide open target.

A rear slider window works out very nicely for disposal also.
Parent - - By rlitman (***) Date 08-13-2012 14:34
Yuck, but you do have a point.

For one, if you haven't noticed, I find that most ziplock bags tend to leak.  Freezer bags are the exception.  They're made with a thicker plastic, and have stronger and better sealed seams, because the thinner plastic and leaks allow for freezer burn.  So, yeah, that part's a good idea.

I carry vomit bags for road trips with the kids (they serve their intended purpose too).  They have a funnel mouth with a check-valve system.  Now that's a large target, and no need to even zip it up (and spill during that process).  You can take the absorbent fluff from a diaper, and stuff it in the collection bag to completely remove any risk of leakage.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-13-2012 14:50
:roll: gallon size.....no need to worry about overfilling the bag.
Parent - By FarmCode (*) Date 08-13-2012 16:22
You are my hero

I would say more but the chilli spilled in my rod oven and I burned my tongue lickin da low-hi's
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-13-2012 22:06
I just pull off the road and turn the truck nose a bit towards the road, open the passenger side door and wiz on the side of the road. No worries about recycling bags or bottles! Boy, what a topic Sourdough!!! LMAO!!!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-14-2012 02:25
He is also posting tips for making time Shawn.....if anyone is riding the edge at all possible times it is SUlly.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-14-2012 03:33
Yeah, that's right, you guys got those slow gas burners, not a hopped up diesel....oh, excuse me, hopped up Cummins!!! Hahaha!!! LoL!!! :lol:
Parent - By rcwelding (***) Date 08-14-2012 01:40
Sourdough this product is the best thing I have ever seen for girls on a road trip or dispersing a bad one night stand.. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47kt6DuT-4
- - By Francisford (**) Date 08-13-2012 20:03
when I was in Iraq doing convoys for the Seabees we would use gatorade bottles and cut the neck down a little.
the worst thing was having your A driver take the wheel. You would still have to do the throttle and concentrate on peeing.
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 08-13-2012 23:18
Thank God for extra-cab pickups with suicide back doors. We call them the porta-pottie. Step in between the doors, act like you're rooting around in the back seat for something, AAAHHHH, the pause that refreshes. I like Sourdough's tip, but my luck I'd spill it and then my truck would smell like a pig haulers semi cab.
- By Dualie (***) Date 08-14-2012 04:06
or you can do what we did and roll the window down and throw them at your buddies behind you.   

(note:  i cannot endorse or condone the above listed activity's.   Any and all throwing of pee was done by professionals on a closed coarse)
- - By Eric Carroll (**) Date 08-15-2012 03:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MsEaRbVuzs
This topic reminds me of this clip.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 08-23-2012 05:09
urinary arrogance..........................BWAHWAHWAHWAHAAHWWHAHSHRPLUUUUAHHH!!!!!

:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-08-2012 14:52
When I was in boot camp, uhm, it was tricky at times to use the head. Reason I could tell but as my stress monster always said, what goes on in the house stays in the house.

Anyhow, we were about 3/4 of the way in boot. We were out at the old abandon air fields on Parris Island for our combat training. It was dark and half the platoon had to whiz like mad. Not wanting ruin my limited skivies as we marched by peeing in them I decided to have a go at a walking pee. I slowed down a bit to open the space between me and the guy in front, told the guy behind to watch for debris. It was so dark you could barely see the guy in front of you, awesome site to see the stars out there. Anyhow, unbotton the old cammies and whipped it out, did a wide step so I would not whiz on myself and man, what a relief!!! It was like heaven on earth I had to go so bad!! Not long after that there were guys whizzing all thru the platoon!!!

Ahhh, good times, I look back on boot camp and the things we did, had done, yeah, I'd do it again!!!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-08-2012 15:05
Now that was hilarious!!!
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 11-15-2012 04:16 Edited 11-15-2012 04:19
i was a wild land fire fighter crew boss for 4 years, we were always getting collage kids to work the summer fire season. it is amazing how many of them had never been camping where there was no restroom.
we have had to teach some of them how to go in the woods
but
we had one guy hold his poo for 4 days
one guy who was too embarrassed to go in the woods and peed his pants (more than a few poo there pants)
we had at least one guy and two girls (that i know of) fall into there own pile (with no place to wash up that can be bad)
a buddy of mine had a girl on his crew get a bee sting when she was pulling up her pants in a very very  and i stress very bad spot (after he got the stinger out he got her a ride out she was having a reaction to a bee sting)
and we have also has some that.... wellllllllll  i am not even going to go there.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-15-2012 05:21
There has been a book published "How to $hit in the Woods". I saw a copy in a thrift store, have kicked My own butt for not buying it.

The preface said something to the effect of: "It was not until recent times that a book like this had to be written"
Parent - By grizzzly (**) Date 11-15-2012 17:10
it is really scarry how true that statttment is
Parent - By Paladin (***) Date 11-17-2012 18:49
Dave,
I've got that book, somewhere. It was written by a women. And it covers more than #2.
Floyd
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Road trip tip: