Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Secession Any One????
- - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-12-2012 23:10
Let's get this going I game guns loaded

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-may-respond-texas-secession-petition-212328772--election.html
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-12-2012 23:49
"Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing."

This is from the same article so, it's really a sad joke!!!:cry::cry::cry::sad::sad::sad: Stop being such a sore loser man!!!
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 00:00
While it is the people that have a voice and yes your right as to highly unlikely but it does show the cival unrest that has divided this country.
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-13-2012 01:39
Personally; I hope and pray that Texas again "lifts it's head and stands among the nations" in my lifetime.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:19
"one nation indivisible"

What part of that is hard to understand ???
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:43
Hey Dave,

Don't you remember our long lost friend hillbilly delux??? You know, the one with the IQ of an ant... ROTFLMFAO!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-13-2012 05:49
A pet peeve of Mine was placing "God" between "one nation" and "indivisible".

It was the only place to add it without major renevations, I know, but the concept of "one nation indivisible" becomes lost.
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-13-2012 07:14
Henery I  like you even though you  spew  crap.  If De"lie"la is (no pun intended) not giving you the Quote "Change" you need every day. Call me I got a few dollars for depends.:twisted:
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-13-2012 14:53
Dave, The Republic of Texas was annexed by treaty; and the war of northern aggrssion did not nullify that.  Secession is an actual possibility.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-13-2012 15:12 Edited 11-13-2012 15:15
You are Right ! Texas doesn't need permission ! The Following is a little history on the County I live in.

The Free State of Van Zandt
During the Civil War and the period of Reconstruction, Canton was little more than a hole in the road. Following the end of the Civil War, the small towns in Van Zandt County were overrun with Federal Troops and carpetbaggers all in the name of reconstruction. The Van Zandt citizens became “fed up” with all of these troops and carpetbaggers and formed a committee of citizens to approach the County Commissioners, informing them that they wanted Van Zandt County to secede from the United States and also from the State of Texas!

It passed and Van Zandt County became the Free State of Van Zandt, totally separated from the United States and the State of Texas.

It wasn’t long before the Free State was attacked by Federal soldiers from New Orleans led by Gen. Sheridan. The Van Zandt County Soldiers won the Free State War which called for a celebration with the group ending up quite drunk. While in this condition, the Federal Troops acted quickly by putting all the Free Staters in leg and wrist irons and locking them up in the stockade, however, the Federal soldiers did not check Dr. Allen’s pockets where he carried a nice file. He was able to file the irons off himself and some of the others. Seeing that the stockade had no roof, the men all pushed together to knock down the log wall and escaped. The men all scattered to the east, west and to Oklahoma. Dr. Allen went to Oklahoma where he obtained his physician’s license and later came back to Van Zandt County. After the escape, the Federal troops took control of the county again.

No document has ever been found to indicate that the actions leading to the formation of the Free State of Van Zandt were rescinded.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-14-2012 19:31
Cactus, it's pretty obvious they do need permission and equally obvious they won’t get it. Why would you promote a line of BS like that? Aren’t you a respectable business man?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-14-2012 19:52
You're killing me Ron!!!:eek::lol::lol::yell::yell::yell::lol::lol::lol::twisted::wink::cool::cool::cool:

That is just so funny!!!:yell::yell::yell::lol::lol::lol::eek::grin::grin::grin:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-14-2012 21:05 Edited 11-14-2012 21:09
You are originally from the North aren't you ? I am suprised you have made it this long in Texas with an attitude like that !  Besides, READ the LAST LINE IN MY POST ! NO EVIDENCE SUPPORTS IT EITHER WAY !!!!!!!!!

"No document has ever been found to indicate that the actions leading to the formation of the Free State of Van Zandt were rescinded"

Our School system in Texas has a REQUIRED courses called TEXAS HISTORY ! Study it, You might learn something
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-14-2012 21:25
No. Born in TN raised in AZ.

I did do a Machine repair apprentice ship at Ford in Michigan but I really don’t think that has much bearing on the US Constitution which is in the way of your thoughts on secession.

I was ask to come to TX about 35 years ago by a Texan for business reason and what I left back in AZ was quit a few mis-placed Texans that had come looking for work. But before I left AZ I had the privilege of picking up behind a sorry ass contractor that had got run off a job for some really piss poor work and management. You may have heard of them, Brown & Root.

Cactus, just what do you suppose my place of origin has to do with any of this?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-14-2012 23:22
Well, It's like was said by other Posters on this thread. Being from Texas is a God Given Privelage. Your either born with it or your not. Along with that comes certain Ideas and Beliefs that CANNOT and WILL NOT Change. So, as the saying goes, "If I have to Explain, You wouldn't understand"
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 11-15-2012 02:30
When Texas was allowed to re-enter the Unionin 1875 the state legislature had to renounce the articles of the 1845 constitution.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-14-2012 04:00 Edited 11-14-2012 04:05
That is called the Civil War by the WINNERS.

"The annexation resolution has been the topic of some historical myths: One that remains is that the resolution granted Texas the explicit right to secede from the union. This is a right argued by some to be implicitly held by all states, although the Supreme Court of the United States of America ruled in Texas v. White in 1869 that no state has the right to unilaterally secede."

Texas DID secede 1861-1865. It is a US state now...
Parent - - By SMTatham (**) Date 11-14-2012 16:12
"Civil" war??  This was never a war by two parties struggling for control of one government.  It was a war of aggression by one party determined to have mastery over others.  One must get INFORMED about Texas history; and not from CNN.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-14-2012 18:55
Horse hocky. It was about what every war has been about "MONEY". You can hang all the stupid romantic themes you want on it but at the bottom of the pile will be REVENUE in big bold letters.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 11-18-2012 22:27
True. Except for this irrelevant paragraph on a piece of paper that today means little:
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's god entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
Everybody talks about constitutional rights. This paragraph sets up the fact that free men are to be entitled and to be ruled by the laws of nature and nature's god.
No state will ever remove themselves from the Federal Government. Too many states collecting more than is ever paid into to treasury.
The soldiers in the Free $hit Army will never allow the producers to escape.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 11-14-2012 05:17 Edited 11-14-2012 05:31
http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Lots of urban myths floating around about Texas.  When I lived in Wichita Falls and Lubbock it was always a topic, at some point during the day.  The belief in Texas being able to secede from the Union is a driving force in a Texans independent nature.  I can say that I still carry that attitude with me to this day and will take it to my grave.  Once your soul turns Texan, it stays Texan, no matter where you are.  So, before you laugh at the idea of Texas leaving the Union, be careful, because not much can deter a bunch of determined Texans.  I think Antonio López de Santa Anna found that out.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-14-2012 11:22
Amen !!
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 11-18-2012 22:28
Too many in Texas are soldiers in the Free $hit Army.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-14-2012 16:19
Secession????

I get it that some are surprised and upset over the election but honestly you need to step back and go over some of your rhetoric.

If it bothers you so much, get involved and do something to make a difference versus continuously spouting the same none sense over and over. Much of the statements that can be read here take on the appearance of Mob Mentality. Just like Cactus’s Van Zandt County after secession. Ciaos, Murder and Mayhem set in and are the reason they got pulled back in to the Union.

Some of you spout off some truly unsubstantiated BS and blatant lies then turn around and go back to a truly good and prosperous life that you take for granted and feel that you are being robbed of because of an election. Grow up people. Elections come and elections go just like Democrats and Republicans do and just like you they have their own agenda and if they think you can get them elected they will tell you every thing you want to hear and promise you the world.

Some of you have posted many brags showing some real expensive toys and flaunting your life style on this Forum. Does this now mean you will just crawl into a hole and stop trying to get further ahead? Or will you man up and set you mind to making things work to your advantage?

It’s your choice and I think I am sure I know which way you will go but in my opinion (yea, I know what it’s worth) you waste a lot of valuable time and make your self look small with some this rhetoric.

You didn’t loose anything in this past election you just have to get better at what you do to compete. But if you would rather just spend your time here lamenting about the past that’s probably where you will be left (in the past).
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-14-2012 19:21
Hear Here Ron!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

So I won't add anything because you covered all the bases and have written a Gem!!! Thank you for your sage wisdom.:lol:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-14-2012 21:13
Tell you what Ron. I am in Houston at this time, I go back home on Thurday Afternoon. If you would like to follow me, I will gladly give you a Tour of our Courthouse in Van Zandt County. Then I will introduce you to the County Judge for a History Lesson. Her name is Judge Rita Koches if you want to look her up
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-14-2012 21:15
What does The State of Texas or Van Zandt County succeeding from the Union, have to do with Peoples (My) Income ? What makes you think it would change ?
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-14-2012 22:12
Not a thing that I am aware of Cactus.

I know (understand) you on some issues that directly effected some folks victimized by greedy institutions and respect (admired) the stance and effort you took. I am only questioning why a person in your position and with your connections would waste your time promoting a worthless line of BS.

The rhetoric is stale stuff. The election is over and done and you know as well as I do secessions not going to happen. Romney did not have a land slide victory here (Texas) either.

I have made it here for so long here because I do my level best for my employer (alas they are Germans not Texans) and I have helped advance several young people. I have pissed off just as many I suppose but not for amusement. Some (many) Texans just do not take constructive criticism well. I could have left out the Texans but then it would just be boring :grin:

Thank you for the invitation, I know I would find it interesting and enjoyable. However I can not go far away from my wife for that long (cardio vascular problems) and she doesn’t like to go for long drives. I used to manage some ranches up that way (seems like a hundred years ago) around Detroit and Paris.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-15-2012 01:26
Your income??? Were you referring to my post? I recall that I alluded that you appear to be a successful business man, is that not correct? I don’t give even a small care about your income or anybody else and I fail to see how you got the impression that I might.

You needn’t concern yourself with trying to explain your Texas attitude; I understand much more than you can imagine. Having said that I will not bother you any further on that subject.

But I do enjoy chatting with you from time to time.
- - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-12-2012 23:13
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission-petitions-filed-20-states-190210006.html;_ylt=A2KJjbxfgqFQ2WcANg_QtDMD
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-14-2012 04:28
Go ahead and seceed already!!!

When you realize what you did, you'll come back! Understand this! Nobody wins by dividing our selves!!!

The only thing that will happen is that things will get worse than they already are and more people, innocent people will suffer on both sides...

And so, this leads me into recommending "Lincoln" the movie. We can all learn from it.

Henry
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-14-2012 04:31
I almost can't help myself but I will let you believe what you want. Go Suffer I am the exception.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-14-2012 04:36
Are you going to delete this post too???
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 11-14-2012 05:09
No but if there was an ignore button you would be on my hit list.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-14-2012 05:23
I already got one and it's now working so, you're done!!!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-15-2012 16:47
Well, if ya'll secede from the Union I hope I can still buy my ornamental supplies from the folks down there!!! LOL!!!! I wonder though, it only takes about 3 days to get things now. If Texas secedes will my stuff be trapped in customs for days on end?? Guess I'd have to swith to the supplier in NJ....oh heck, wait a minute, they still don't have power.....

My opinion, it sucks that.....well, keep this clean. It sucks that it turned out this way, I'll fight and work hard to make a living like I have done for 40 plus years regardless of who sits in the White House. If the country flops and us "crazies" are right I guess we'll be the ones laughing. Looking at the riots and mayhem in Europe on the news this morning and it seems we are headed in the right direction. LOL!!!

Only thing that I have thought about is that maybe, just maybe the Mayans are right and on December 23rd we won't have to worry about who's President afterall as there will be no planet left! Hahahaha!!!

Ok, I'm gonna sit back and watch you guys duke it out somemore, so far been pretty hilarious reading the posts on this thread.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-15-2012 17:19
Shawn, sure hope the Mayans missed by several years cause I plan to retire soon. Just my trucking luck uh?

You comment on Europe is exactly why I bother to try to keep posters honest here. Allot of our problems are greatly aggravated by what goes on over there and now Israel may drag us in to another conflict.

I just would like to see us all get on one side of the problem instead of every one pushing in a different direction.

Some issues are a lot more difficult than they appear. Here we are passing legislation to require Welfare recipients to be screened for illegal drugs. Hooray, I say, it’s about time. What the heck, I have to do to keep my job regularly.

Big mistake to say that out load in my house though. Wife and 3 daughters jumping all over me about the poor little children that will suffer because their Crack-head parents. That’s a picture I don’t like envision. I know full well something needs to be done but, I am sure grateful I don’t have to do it.

Many problems we need to work out before we endeavor to create more divisions. I do wonder though if we did secessed,  could we do away with Day light savings?
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-16-2012 02:29
I tried to save daylight, had a whole jar full of it. When I looked at it after sundown, it was all gone. Must need a better lid.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-16-2012 20:20
You need to "PAINT IT BLACK!"(Rolling Stones) Dave... Oh never mind!:yell::eek::twisted::lol::roll::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-17-2012 00:47
I got some two sets of 12oz everlast gloves in the shop if anyone wants to borrow them.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-17-2012 02:12
I remember that song.
Parent - - By fitter (**) Date 11-17-2012 14:54
Before you secede, you may want to ask the farmers who have gotten 25.9 billion in subsidies from the gov. from 1995 thru 2011, putting Texas as the number 1 receiver of farm subsidies in the country, they may want to rethink your idea.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 11-17-2012 15:53
Is that an ENTITLEMENT? OMG! Is Texas part of the 47%?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-18-2012 23:46
Before you ask the Farmers about subsidies, You should learn how they work. Farming is ONE HELL of a Buisiness to be in. The Government pays you for doing NOTHING ! It is called CRP Land. My Ex-Wife owns about 20,000 acres in North Dakota. For over 10 Years, she received a check for over 1 million per year from the Government. For doing NOTHING !! That is the way the Government controls Prices. The Government comes around and tells you to grow nothing on your land. IF you grow something, you can not sell it. Not even the Hay. In other farms they are told WHAT to grow. AND they are paid WELL for growing what they are told. Again, the Government controls the Market and prices.. SO, I am quite sure a State, (Like Texas) can stand on it's own. The Texas Prison System has been supporting itself for MANY Years byGrowing and producing their own food. No Reason the rest of the State cannot follow suit.  Don't take my word for it, look it up.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 11-19-2012 23:43
Stupid is as stupid does.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Secession Any One????