Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / MERRY CRISTMAS FROM TEXAS !!!!!!
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-19-2012 23:58 Edited 12-20-2012 00:00
To all of Ya'll !!  (notice the WELL taught safe handling ? No fingers on the Triggers)
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-20-2012 00:22 Edited 12-20-2012 00:26
Except the girl in the first row, far left is pointing her pistol at the girl next to her. The girl, first row, second from left is pointing her pistol at the lady on the far right, back row. Safest place is in the holster, not show boating like your shooting a poster for your new movie.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-20-2012 00:42
Well, like I said, There fingers are not on the Trigger ! That is the Main thing. And they were shooting a Poster, only it was for the Family photo album not a new movie.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 12-20-2012 00:46
I am sure every one of those firearms was triple checked before the kids took hold of them..... would be in my house.   Good picture.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-20-2012 03:18
Fingers off triggers is one rule of safe firearm handling, second rule is always point the weapon in a safe direction. Never point the weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy. Weapons checked 100 times does not mean that you are practicing safe handling and surely does not make it "ok" while pointing it at another person while making a poster. Check with any firearms training person and ask them if I check and make sure my weapon is unloaded, then close the slide does that make it alright to point it at somebody. Somebody does that to me and I'll slap them upside the head and tell them to mind their weapon.

Good education tool for my kids, point out the mistakes made in safe firearm handling, cardinal rules that should never be broken because your not holding an airsoft gun and definitely not to make a poster for a family album. Things like this will be the next news story and give the left more ammunition against responsible gun owners when a young kid ends up dead from mishandling.

Look for the video with the cop that is teaching safety who pulls the slide back to eject the round, lets the slide close, THEN removes the magazine and tells the kids that it is now safe, then pulls the trigger and shoots himself in the leg. He never looked in the chamber, apparently had no idea on how to operate his firearm and pulled the trigger when the weapon was NOT pointed in a safe direction, obvious by the bleeding wound in his leg. An accident you say, nope, just another boob.

Cool picture? Nah, couple of boobs in my opinion. A future accident waiting to happen. There is a company out there that does this somewhere but they remove firing pins and all manner of safety precautions but I'm betting they don't let you point the weapon at another person regardless.

Maybe it's just me, hand somebody my pistol, rifle or whatever to look at or shoot and I drop the mag, eject the round and leave the action open to hand it to them but still do not point it at anybody, always in a safe direction. Most likely the three months of training received by my beloved college time at the University of USMC.

Hate to rag but it's not responsible, safe gun handling, as I said, looks like show boating. Sorry if I ruffle some feathers, probably ain't the first time, won't be the last.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-20-2012 03:37
You need to come to Texas for a Vacation
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 12-20-2012 03:42
Man I guess everybody else in here is against guns but us.
- - By texwelder (***) Date 12-20-2012 01:21
Well I like it a lot that's a dang good one
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 12-20-2012 03:28
Is that the correct definition of a "gun safe zone". If anyone broke in there..........everybody inside would be safe.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 12-20-2012 03:41 Edited 12-20-2012 03:43
So don't break in there and no  problems then right
- - By texwelder (***) Date 12-20-2012 03:38
Seems to me most everybody else here has missed the point of this picture and/or Christmas card
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-20-2012 04:15
Right again. Like a Sky High Jet Airplane------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe this will help !!!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / MERRY CRISTMAS FROM TEXAS !!!!!!