Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Had a scare lastnight, especially after the CT school stuff
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-20-2012 19:45
Yesterday, I had picked up my kids from school after work and was heading towards my house and noticed alot of blue lights going by on the overpass ahead. I was stuck in traffic and really couldn't see all that far ahead to figure out what was going on. But as I sat there waiting for the lights to change I noticed that they were filing off the ramp ahead of me and merging into our lane. We sat there through one complete cycle of the light and the police cars kept on coming, one after another, after another...and they kept coming and coming off that ramp. All had blue lights going and seemed to be in a hurry. Finally after 30 plus police vehicles had gone by, our light turned green again and we started moving and went up the road about 1/4 mile or so and had to stop again and watched this sea of lights headed towards a local university...scared me that something awful had taken place. I continued on home with an uneasy feeling wondering what I had just witnessed. I was hoping it was some officer training going on here in town or something but was unsure.

Checked the local paper a few minutes ago and saw what was going on. This is awsome...check it out.

http://www.wset.com/story/20393550/2...l-to-lynchburg

My kid's have been envolved with this as well at their school, they had all made Christmas cards and sent them to Nathan. The school had a goal of rasing support from the students and taking 1000 gifts to be sent to young cancer patients in Nathan's name, and when it came time they exceeded their goal by over 500.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-20-2012 19:46
This all started back in the Summer. My wife usually takes the kids to school due to her work hours vs mine(much earlier in the AM) and they passed by this little Christmas tree by the road that Nathan lives on all decorated way ahead of Christmas, as they were just starting back to school. Didn't know what the story was and was curious about seeing this tree so early...later the news picked up the story about this kid fighting cancer and that his wish was to make sick kids feel better by having Christmas so he was asking others to help him help other sick kids feel better<makes my eyes water just remembering the news interview that I saw of him telling his story>. Anyway my kid's school got on board with this idea and they all sent him Christmas cards that they made in class, and set a goal of trying to gather 1000 gifts as I said in the OP. Dillon and McKayla participated in the school's marching band and marched in the Lynchburg Parade behind a corvette convt. with Nathan sitting up there on the folded down top waving to the crowds...Nathan was the Parade's Grand Marshall.

Here is the original story about Nathan.....

http://www.wset.com/story/19657190/b...t-of-christmas
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-20-2012 20:18
Just plain awesome.  :cry: 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Had a scare lastnight, especially after the CT school stuff