Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Merry Christmas to all those in "The Zone"
- - By Superflux (****) Date 12-25-2012 05:45
Just wanted to send a holiday greeting to all those in uniform and "civvies" that are my Friends and Family members over yonder.
Those that serve in both functions are under fire. Don't think for one moment that a rocket, mortar, vest bomb or bullet knows the boundaries of razor wire. I personally know 8 civillians that have/will bring home shrapnel (& or traumatic brain injury from the explosions) and will or have left a piece of themselves in a foreign land. In both retaliation for 9/11 and the preservation of the American Dream.
Every American in Afghanistan is a true patriot in my opinion and there with a purpose of duty for the rest of us and making a sacrifice.
I wish you all well and Peace this Holiday Season.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 01-01-2013 07:49
Thanks for the greetings and well wishes Superflux.
Things are relatively slow over here now. As you know from your time here the Taliban aren't very active in the coldest months but are preparing for the fighting season. Hoping this will be the last 'fighting season' for our troops and they can let the new Afghan army, police and security forces fight the fight and hope they can hold their own. What a shame it would be if they can't...or just don't.

You're right on the incoming, they don't have to be accurate, just lucky. I'm looking at the repaired roof in the building that you were in when it took a hit in 2011.

Happy New Year and all the best to you and my forum buddies.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Merry Christmas to all those in "The Zone"