Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / new Christmas tradition
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-25-2012 05:04
Some reasonably good quality airsoft guns got turned loose Christmas Eve at my place....ok I armored everyone up with vinyl goggles and turned em loose.....OMG it brought back great memories of bb and pump up air rifle wars.   From now on EVERYONE can expect a decent quality plinker weapon at my house at Christmas and plenty of ammo to boot.   Laughing so hard I almost puked.  Great way to work out those inlaw stresses etc.  Yes there was blood, yes there were bandages...but yes there were smiles all around.  I had no idea.
Parent - - By Dualie (***) Date 12-25-2012 06:49
its all fun and games till someone gets the full auto version.

i have an H&K 9mm airsoft thats amazingly balanced just like its full blown real life counterpart.
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 12-25-2012 17:00
When my brother turn 30 he had a cist come up on his back, sure nuff .177 cal pelet. How did it take this long? And why didnt he know it was there?
The rules where if you had a pump you couldnt pump it over three times. Yea right lol
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 12-25-2012 19:05
Yeah I had to help a buddy dig a BB out of his neck he didn't take very good cover and I got him
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-26-2012 02:59
I have not run into any electrics that have any kind of real FPS that would be painfull through clothing...I am sure they are out there in the upper end/metal guns.  However a moderate spring action is about on par with a red ryder....the pump action shotguns seem to be a good choice for fast shooting.  Much cheaper fun then paintball.  The ones I got my son will draw blood easily at 25ft....I might have over did it.:grin:
Parent - - By Dualie (***) Date 12-26-2012 07:24
I don't know where these came from but the full auto M-4 variant would sing like a B#^$H at 40'.     you could lay down enough suppression fire to keep every kid in the neighborhood down for a while.   Long enough to plot a massive attack with the close combat arms.

Im sure at under 20' it would have drawn a little blood.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-09-2013 23:59
Dualie see if you can pull a brand name or model number off that auto.   I would be interested in doing a little cheating at the next gathering, after they have had too much beer of course!  Most of the electrics I have laid hands on spit a bunch of balls but don't do so with any authority whatsoever.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 01-09-2013 05:54
Those things are a blast. Got me n the kids some once and we had a ball pistols shotguns and a machine gun I spanked all with the shot gun. It got so bad I had to sleep with the shotgun cuz they would ambush me at nite lol
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / new Christmas tradition