Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Slick machine
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-03-2013 00:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPIFT7cH-wI

I dunno how they handle morter under the bricks but hey...what a labor saver.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-03-2013 04:31
That thing is sweet! Sure takes the "this sucks" and "oh my aching back" out of laying pavers!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-04-2013 22:59
That's pretty cool! Makes me wonder though, do they really need a "mason" to stack bricks in a machine like this? I'd say most of the skill of being a mason has gone out the window.
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 03-05-2013 00:01
It's a cool machine but I think it probably put a lot people out of work I guess that is progress.

M.G.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-05-2013 00:07
Well, it may have put the kaput to some Masons, but it created a couple of jobs for some assemblers and welders....
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-09-2013 06:17 Edited 03-09-2013 06:21
See the positive side.  I just a spent a good five days on my knees in a furnace welding up a floor.   I could not freaking imagine laying a street in brick....sorry I am out just shoot me NOW.  Kinda like being an "Old School" roofer...you know the kind that refuses to use a nailing gun...do it all with hatchets.....I would rather just die then do that for a living.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Slick machine