Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 6.0-liter diesel engine, class action settlement
- - By GQ COWBOY (*) Date 02-26-2013 22:33
Have anyone received a letter as of yet...I have a 2003 F350 dully
I got one on Monday...My truck is still down, cost is 4500.00 to replace
blown head gasket plus everthing else...
I so miss my truck...can't go roping,
the rodeo is here in houston, can't show my horses...

what a deal..info on it below

http://www.dieselsettlement.com/Casedocuments.html
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 02-27-2013 02:56
Sure glad I went with a proven engine in 2003.  My 7.3L is still purring along.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-27-2013 11:30
That's not a surprise. Wonder how many guys had problems with head gaskets that did not have tuners added for more hp though?

They need a lawsuit for us dodge truck owners that have dashboards with caverns you can rappel into.
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 02-27-2013 13:08
Guy I deliver to bought two brand new dodge 3500 dually's and has one in the shop and has his other as a spare, he wasn't to happy yesterday about that. These things are nice and fully loaded.
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 03-04-2013 00:45
Makes for a faster heater core change out LOL
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-04-2013 01:15
Unlimited sunglasses and safety glasses storage!! Find things in there I thought I lost!
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-01-2013 01:31
GQ, I have an" 05" turbo went @ 125K:roll::roll::roll::roll: Head gasket went @ 210k ended up getting another low mileage motor(65k) and had delete kit installed on emission system.......Running good now (250k)  only spent 13 grand to straighten out!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry: Have a "09" w/125k and already went thru an exhaust filter ($1800.00) and from long idles computer goes crazy:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: trucks now in shop for NO POWER going up hills!!!!!!!! Ford got caught w/ no solution for this emission crap by our F'up gooberment:yell::yell::yell::yell: IMHO  Just bought a "98" dodge /cummins w/68k on it for new weld rig:grin::grin::grin::grin: Ain't buyin' a new diesel until they get this crap figured out!!!!!!!!:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell: Got the class action papers other day looks like a couple hundred bucks w/ rite paper work to turn in........... scumbag lawyers will be the only ones to make out IMO!!!!!:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-01-2013 03:39
Ford, Dodge, Chevy whatever......

You know I just ain't as rich as some of these folks or maybe as smart......I can buy an old 7.3 Ford, 12 valve cummins Dodge or gas burner chevy on the cheap that is 10-25 years old...spend 10-13k on it and have a better truck then is coming off the line at the dealership for 50k+....I just must be stoopid or something.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-02-2013 13:58
Not stoopid. My thoughts exactly. Would like the new fancy truck with 4 doors but dropping that kind of coin on something you can work on, gets worse fuel mileage and costs $800/month is not something I want to do. Save $800 per month for a year and would have plenty to go thru the truck and fix her up. Save a bit longer and you could rebuilt it all and have a simple, reliable vehicle.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-02-2013 13:55
If your 09 has that 6.4L Intercraptional engine I've been told if I find a used one of those that I should not run away but warp speed away from it. Guy I know said the 6.4 that came in the Fords for a few years was worse than the 6.0!! I've got my 02 Dodge and other than the interior falling apart, a snapped axle(due to 1000 foot pounds of torque around a corner) I really like my truck. Got the fuel system issues fixed for around a grand, no front end issues yet other than the failing weak gear box and the pesky spelunkers I find wandering in my cab wanting to go exploring into my dashboard to see if they can find a new species of crawfish.
Parent - - By GQ COWBOY (*) Date 03-03-2013 22:42
Paper work, you are right.. I'm out 25k plus on my truck. It would be nice to get some money back..
I'm ready and have all my paper work.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-04-2013 09:31
I notice the duramax is not a topic here...hmmm.
Parent - By GQ COWBOY (*) Date 03-07-2013 22:19
I know, man, I want one....
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-15-2013 04:13
GQ,  Got my "09" back from the garage I took it to, used a new process on it........:surprised::surprised:A company has devised a new system to clean out all the soot that builds up in the whole engine system, cleans injectors, turbo, intake , fuel system and a few other things. Way it was explained to me truck is run at idle for about 3-4 hours while chemicals are run thru engines' systems:confused::confused::confused::confused: Mechanic said after about 30 minutes of idling (ruff) he noticed the iding tone improved and smoothed out..... After this treatment oil/fuel filters were changed!!!!:roll::roll I'M NO MECHANIC BY A LONG SHOT but the truck runs like new now and seems to have more power/ torque and will idle for 1/2 hour without bogging down or the computer going crazy!!!!! It's a new process so I didn't really get all the particulars but this company that makes the machine let the mechanic shop I use try it out and used my truck as the test vehicle (gunea pig?????):eek::eek::eek::eek: Claims are run thru once a year will keep truck runnin' good/saves injectors, etc.... :razz::razz::razz::razz: Charge is around $700.00 got mine done for free(except fuel/oil and filters) at Ford stealership I was quoted $14-$1600.00 to straighten truck out (depending what parts could be saved???????????):yell::yell::yell: Truck has 170k on it, will see how long it runs right cause I'm still skeptical, but so far so good ,and if I have no more problems when inspection time comes I will have my "05" done and maybe even my "98" cummins dodge( that I have been turning into a weld rig while recovering from my broken leg) done also........ Hopefully I'll get some input from the experts on trucks (Cummins & Tommy to name a couple) so i can make a better informed decision down the road:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-17-2013 03:30
Expert heck...I am just an expert that they want WAY WAY to much money for those money pits rolling off the line.  Smooth I am a firm and devout believer in keeping things simple....If I cannot fix it myself I really have very little interest in owning it.  I don't no beans but I do know where the Jegs and Summit website is..good enough for me.  I cannot offer advice on anything being made today...I am looking the opposite direction.
Parent - - By tazmannusa (**) Date 03-17-2013 14:50
One of the guys I work for told me he would sell me a 04 F 550 cab and chassis to replace my 97 superduty that's getting tired . reading up and talking to folks that own the 6.0, I say no thanks. I am going back the other way myself. Just bought a 1963 chevy C30 cab and chassis. the old 6 cylinder and 4 speed was spoken for so I am putting in an 88 350 cid TBI with the 700 R4 trans .  Being that it is 10,000# GVW it is 1# under for having to have CA numbers and motor carrier permit, no smog. C.A.R.B. are cracking down on the older diesels here, last letter I got from them stated my 7.3 powerstroke would have to comply to the new regs in 2015 "basically done"
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-17-2013 16:20
Sweet!:cool:
- - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 03-18-2013 02:28
:twisted:
Parent - By kswelderman (**) Date 03-20-2013 15:04
think il stick with trusty 12 valver !
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 6.0-liter diesel engine, class action settlement