Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / History Lesson of the Day
- - By Superflux (****) Date 03-06-2013 02:04
For those that don't know about history ... Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1 . Liberals, and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement...

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. They became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass for obvious reasons.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud or Miller. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to **** them off.

And there you have it…Let your next action reveal your true self, I'm going to have another beer.
Parent - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 03-07-2013 00:23
LMAO  I Sent it to Rand and Ron.  Annnnd a few Sequester cry babies. IRS, Fema, TSA Ect.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-10-2013 06:07 Edited 03-10-2013 12:44
Oh dang......

My favorite beer is not bud or miller, tastes like mule pizz, think I had better beer in the Phillipines. Murphy's or Guinness, if it's not available, I don't get beer, strike one but what do you expect from an Irishman?

I like a glass of muscadine or good riesling once in awhile with the wife, strike two....but what do you expect from an Irishman?

Dare I say I'm not a big fan of Jack Daniels, will drink it if it's all that is around but a good bottle of Jameson whisky and I'm a happy lad. (In me best Irish accent)

Guess all that is left is strike three, raw fish. Yep, have had smoked salmon, octopus, squid, and a pan seared tuna steak that was pretty much raw on the inside. I have to say, it was better than ANY steak I have ever had. Cost me a shyteload for dinner that night but I don't know if I've ever had anything that was that good. But then again, what do you expect from a guy who lived in Japan for two years and brought his wife back with him. Sushi is standard fare around these parts! :lol::lol:

Tofu, yep a rooney, guilty again. Another Japanese delight with Japanese food (not southern Commifornia food).

I keep reading over this and think I need to grab a Guinness. Sewing, learned how to do that too, in the Marines. We weren't like the other branches, our mommies were not allowed to come and fix our clothes so we had to do it ourselves. Hair dressing, I cut my own hair and have not paid a barber in over 20 years although not much "dressing" going on, standard Marine reg haircut, can't shake it.

Guess the only thing I got going for me towards the conservative side is the Veteran status, construction work and working productively. I cook, I clean house when I'm off and have caught up on the paperwork. I clean bathrooms, wash dishes and do my own laundry and family laundry while at home. Good ol' Marine Corps training, no job is above me, on the jobsite or at the house. I cook torte's, mousse, tiramisu and all manner of fancy desserts. I wear pink, purple or whatever color I so choose to wear, got a nice pink wool beannie hat my Grandma made that I wear in the winter, boy do I get some strange looks....

When it comes to conservative or liberals in Washington, at the moment they all are a bunch of jackarse's and prefer not to be associated with either, it's like a real life version of the movie "Dumb and Dumber". I'm more of a Libertarian I guess, maybe that's why I work productively but still like my Irish booze and sushi! :lol::lol:

Todays conservatives bend you over at the gas pump while the liberal stands it front of you with his drawers down wanting something for free. Either way I'm f____ked. :lol::lol:

Good post though, will be forwarding it to friends!
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 03-11-2013 03:00
Yes Yes,, lets all be like that fella who owns and operates the NECC. Lets just serve up some good old fungus and make millions killing people. Concervatives ass! Concervative is just another name for Reckless Greedy Ass.

Not so funny any more when 48+ people die so some one can get rich.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-20-2013 02:15
Funny, I made some really good BBQ and enjoyed it along with all the fixins. Even had the neighbor over for dinner. I must not be a good conservative... My food left everybody feeling plump, happy and satisfied. I did not get rich from it nor did I kill anyone.

One thing the food probably did for each of us hillbilly hick hard working folks was lead to a really nice liberal crap the next day!!!
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 03-19-2013 12:33
I'll have a beer with ya.

QCRobert
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-19-2013 22:24
Devo,

Ruined it for me almost... BUT! Bud is brewed here in the U.S. and therefore sustaining US households with good paying jobs, just like BMW and Toyota auto plants.
Fortunately, I'm not drinking much beer or anything else for that matter these days.
Parent - By devo (***) Date 03-20-2013 01:33
It's a conundrum, where it's made vs. who owns the company.
- - By unclematt (***) Date 03-06-2013 22:05
Hello John;
Very good history lesson. Good stuff.

Have a good one;
Matt
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 03-14-2013 01:52
That is so dead on it's scary. LMAO
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-18-2013 03:09
Funny    Superflux it is really weird but I was thinking about the exact same thing a few weeks ago....how most of the left have careers that contribute absolutely nothing necessary to society...while those who are conservative typically are the gears that keep the machine running.  It would be a lot more funny if there was not so much truth to it.  

If I offended any liberal folks out there with my statement....I just do not care.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 03-19-2013 04:08
Tommy and John,

Most of us were cut from the same cloth. We value hard work and work hard to contribute to our community and most importantly our families. We respect our elders and open doors for ladies. We raise our children like we were raised. I am very proud of who I am and of my family. I have three kids who will also be a part of this world and not just in it. They will pay their own way through it and earn every thing they get along the way, just as their father did and his before him and all the way back as far as I can see. I have lived my life just the way I wanted it and will continue to do so! I don't need any gubment handout and frankly I am sick and tired of knowing how much of my hard earned money goes to the crooks to squander. Things don't need to change to get better... The worthless crooks bringing the change need to be held accountable for their bad deeds and piss poor decisions!

End of rant
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-19-2013 23:22
weldwade,  Nicely put, thats the way it should be ,and the way I have raised my kids who are NOW old enough that they see their hardearned tax monies going to "handouts" and don't like it also......:yell::yell::yell:
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-20-2013 05:23
If You are not a liberal when You are 18 You have no heart.

If You are not a conservative by the time You are 36 You have no brain.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 03-20-2013 15:51
Ether way you accept a brand and you become part of a hive, swarm, flock or herd. Why? I would rather not be a part of neither Conservative or Liberal.
I guess its as they say “misery loves company”.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-21-2013 01:22
The above does not imply Your political affiliation as much as Your outlook on life.

As an example, if You are not fiscally conservative by the time You are 36, You are probably broke, might be broke even if You are, for that matter.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-21-2013 02:54
I have a set of values or morality that I live by...they do not have to match yours nor do I want to impose/force them upon you.  I also have a set of political/financial values.  I have to pay taxes to enjoy the roads and infrastructure this country has to offer me that I can use to further my prosperity.  Those taxes I pay also go to (very poorly) pay an ALL VOLUNTEER military which protects my way of life and "supposedly" my best interests abroad.  No problem here.   I start having serious problems when the majority of my "share" is doled out to programs providing assistance to a bottomless hole with zero accountability for the results.  I have problems with a nationwide retirement system that cannot even pay interest on par with junk bonds yet it is REQUIRED to participate and is constantly borrowed from to fund other programs on a we will pay it back later scam.  I have problems with a retirement health care system that has been whored out to whoever needs it regardless of who will ever contribute to it's funding.   I got a bank account, if there is no money in it I cannot write a check, I can borrow lots more then I have but I choose not to because it is foolish without future guarantees of my prosperity.  HOWEVER that is how the US govt operates and always has...why do today what we can put off till tomorrow....that makes us look better right now to the woefully ignorant sub three digit iq typical voter card holder.   It is virtually impossible to be informed of every issue unless you are independently wealthy or retired and have gobs of time on your hands and a serious bent on digging through lawerese.  Fact is most Americans are seriously lazy politically...whatever come across the headlines in the paper or flashed across the ticker is good enough...gotta be true right.....hahahahahahahahaha.  Till the folks living here become incensed enough to exercise their rights truly enforce their voice as citizens according to the law we will always be left to less then mediocrity.  Unfortunately the mistakes made under those mediocre administrations cast years of gloom upon us all.....sorry voting for a guy just because he is a different color or a different religion or a different sexuality then you had before to the figurehead post of Commander in Chief ...don't mean a whole lot in the real world.

Re elect nobody   yep a good start or idea but ya got to get a little deeper then that...

For the record on me....I don't belong to any party...I vote according to what I know about each guy/girl on the ballot.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / History Lesson of the Day