Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / aint it grand this job
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-05-2013 01:56
I just think it is so cool you can be welding on a nuclear reactor one day, have everything NDT EVERY INCH, take a test the next and your worthless.  This is such a cool way to make a living.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 04-05-2013 11:15
??
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-05-2013 22:48
I am just whining hypothetically Gerald...got to do a pull head out of where it don't belong session with my attitude that's all.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-06-2013 12:48
Hang in there Tommy, I can understand. Sometimes the funk just overwhelms ya.....it will get get better. Been in a lil rut myself here latey, but the sun came up this morning and it looks to be a pretty day outside, so I'm going to try to go out and enjoy it.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-06-2013 12:55
So, you had a 'crash and burn' while living life your own way?

Those things happen.  But, they do usually happen for a reason.  If you are seriously re-evaluating, let me know.

Have  a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 04-06-2013 13:41
Understood. Don't think there is anyone here who hasn't had at least a few of those moments. Time to regroup and put a boot up their arse.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-08-2013 00:22
Stay in it to earn money and then look at other avenues. As long as I've been doing this business man thing, around 14 years total I have always been looking outside of the box sort of speak. Still doing it and to be quite honest, if I'm still running a rig/welding business in 10 years I'll probably surprise myself.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-05-2013 13:47
Hang in there bro!!
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-07-2013 07:15
Tommy,

"Sh!t happens" (Someone made a whole lot of money with that saying:lol::wink::cool:) and then you got to clean it up and get rid of it...
The quicker you clean it up, the faster you can go on with your life!

Nonetheless, when you need to vent, then doggonit!
Vent it out of you or it'll take over, and you'll just continue to let these characters push your buttons, and get you frustrated & stressed out
to the point where you'll get bent out of shape and no longer be the Tommy you are familiar with...

If I get thrown off the horse, you better believe I'm gonna jump right back on that horse and settle it down so I can gallop with it once again!
Go chase down that horse Tommy! I know you're fast enough!:lol::twisted::wink:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 04-08-2013 13:32
At some point you may decide to try something else.
Then you get that first pay check.
Many years ago I was having one of those crisis moments. I took a local job, 40 hours, etc.
Then I got that check.
JEZ I made more than that on per diem!
So I picked up the phone and back I went. Overall was it a good decision, I missed a lot with my family. But for a guy with a high school education this business has been very good to me. Lots of ups and downs over the years, but overall it has been good.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-08-2013 14:59
I ain't even considering going back to 7-3 9-5 whatever.  I have seen enough years go by making others richer from my efforts.  I am just clearing my head/life from some bad mojo and looking at changing directions with what I have been doing.  While I feel a little proud of what ground I have gained on my own, I am realizing there are better ways for me to do so.  So far it has been a roller coaster and chaotic to a point...I intend to smooth out some of those hills starting with the self inflicted ones.

Appreciate the replies very much!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-08-2013 15:36
attaboy Tommy... "Keep Calm and Carry On"
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 04-08-2013 17:52
"Then you get that first pay check"
Dude aint that the truth!
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 04-19-2013 04:50
Get up dust yourself off and get back on. Dont let nothing hold you down or back. Dr told me I'd never weld again lmao Liar if i can do it anybody can
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / aint it grand this job