Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Documents & Downloads / App to help with "on th job" welding heat input control
- - By ozniek (***) Date 04-13-2013 06:31
Hi

Heat input control has always been a chore for me, as it was such an "iterative" process where you are always working in "hindsight". Once the welder has completed a weld run, and you have done your calculation, it is too late to do anything if s/he got it wrong. I thought that there had to be a better way to deal with this, so I decided to make an application to help me out in the field. I wrote something that I could use on my Samsung SII Android smartphone. Took quite a couple of "re-designs" to get the user interface user friendly, but I believe I have eventually got it right. Decided to compile a version that could be used on-line. (HTML5) Take a look at the following url:

http://www.welderpassport.com/HIHPage.aspx

I call it the "Heat Input Helper". If you are working in an area where you have internet access out in the field, then you can just use the app straight off the website using a tablet computer. Your browser just needs to support HTML5, so needs to be a newer version of IE or Chrome or similar.

Have used it quite a couple of times out on the job, and works like a charm. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

Regards
Niekie
Parent - By electrode (***) Date 04-17-2013 09:30
Ozniek,

although belonging to a species becoming extinct; i.e. not using any sort of 'smartphone' - nice tool.

Sure, it's helpful.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Documents & Downloads / App to help with "on th job" welding heat input control