Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A big loss.
- - By unclematt (***) Date 04-26-2013 18:49
Ol' George Jones passed on today. He was by far my favorite artist. I have read his biography; "I Lived To Tell It All", and it was a great book. He could tell a great story with his songs. When I got married a few years back, having one of his songs in the wedding was one of the requests my wife to be let me have; the marrying thing is for the lady any way. Lol. Anyway, Rest In Peace 'Possum.

Have a good one;
Matt
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-27-2013 13:01
I thought there was something going on with the ole Possum. My normal radio station said something about George as I climbed in the truck but could not hear them well. Then they played "Who's gonna fill their shoes" and I wondered, (A) Why I heard a Dj's voice on a station you rarely hear a Dj on and (B) why were they playing George Jones. I kinda suspected something happened.

Met Mr. Jones at the Cadillac dealer I worked at. He would come there quite often and bring Krispy Kreme donuts from time to time. Think he was one of the first ones to buy that Chevy pickup that had the look of an old 50's pickup, although I do not know what it is called. He seemed like a very nice guy, talking and laughing just like an average Joe. Sure will be missed but thankful for the music and entertainment he has given over the years. Heaven won't be the same, Johnny, Waylon, George.....
- By Paladin (***) Date 04-27-2013 01:05
Today I played on my shop radio "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and "Who's Going To Fill There Shoes".
Had a special meaning today.

The Possum, he could sing.

Floyd
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / A big loss.