Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / That is why they call it
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-27-2013 02:34
FISHING and not catching.  First trip this year FINALLY...total bust, caught a few bottlefish, threw everything in the tackle and bait box at four locations bank fishing and all I get is a turtle sniffing a hook .....three days ago at one of the places they were yanking in small mouth left and right.  Dog gone it.   Well I don't feel tooo bad,  over a big area I only seen one stringer headed to the skillet.  Going out one more time tomorrow at some different water....like to see my little girl and youngest son at least hook some brim or somethin!
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 05-27-2013 02:50
What's a stringer ?  I'm not from the US but love fishing!
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 05-27-2013 03:10
It's a string that you put all you catch on.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 05-27-2013 12:30
ahh!:grin:
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 05-27-2013 11:06
That's why it's called FISHING and not CATCHING!  (Gotta laugh). My daughter now calls it CATCHING, since she was the only one who caught fish last time out.

Season's just started Tommy.  Lots of fish to be caught.
What the heck's a bottlefish?

Tyrone
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-27-2013 16:16
ummm Bottlefish are really common at almost every body of water.  They are usually brown or green and almost always are caught at a weight of 12 oz.  There are a few varieties of them Lagers, Ales, Cold Filtered etc.:grin::grin:
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 05-28-2013 10:14
:red:        hahahahahaha :grin: stupid me...
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-29-2013 04:31 Edited 05-31-2013 00:14
We always called it "getting skunked" while I was out in California. We would go out to a lake out there callled Lake Poway, we ended up changing it to Lake Noway. We'd drop lines and guys would be catching lake trout all around us using the same bait as us. We would end up taking off our t-shirts and laying out in the boat to take long knaps, wake up then move the boat, then go back to sleep. Don't think we ever caught anything out and Lake Noway. We ended up going out to one of the small inlets on the pacific and caught a bucket full of fish. Cleaned them all up, and started cooking. Found some odd looking worms in the meat while cooking. Not detered from our great catch we continued to cook.

Long story short, we sat down with our near beer(Marine buddy quit drinking real beer). We sat there for a second, nibbled a little bit then looked at each other and at the same time said, "Pizza?", stood up and dumped the fish in the trash and went out and got us a pie. We just could not get passed the worms we spotted in the meat. Ahhh, good times out in Cali...
- - By Dualie (***) Date 05-27-2013 03:47
if all else fails C-4!  or some M-1000's in a pinch
Parent - - By grizzzly (**) Date 05-28-2013 19:18
if you were to droop your leads in the water far enough apart, that works sometimes
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-31-2013 01:19 Edited 05-31-2013 01:36
First fish of the year.....of course my youngest caught this "monster cat" (bait)  hahahahhaha.......even when i have a good day it is more fun watching them with one on the line. 

That monster was caught on a disney cars fishing pole (3ft if an inch).  That is my future (i wanna be a welder) in the background rigging his beat a bear to death stick he just bought....lol  I named it that after I first seen it...he has been fishing channels on the Arkansas river lately and he picks out this stiff as a sailors P**ker teloscoping pole as his first without dad pole he bought (with his own money BTW)...already talking about building a snagging pole with a winch (wtf son we don't have a boat)..where did I go wrong....apparently he intends to hook 30+lb fish regularly.  Need to get him an open reel to handle that rope he will need.   My wife just got hooked on fishing recently so I have to deal with a real gun ho type as well.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-05-2013 05:05
Did she real that in herself? LoL!!

She is ear to ear smiles!!
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 05-31-2013 06:07
An old crank telephone works. Good
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / That is why they call it