Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pics of largest single job yet
- - By devo (***) Date 05-31-2013 19:28
If any of you have family that is going to the National BSA Jamboree this year, look for these connectors under the bridge to the Eastern Arena.  I've made parts for six timber bridges there this spring, keeping this little one man show busy as a meth head beaver.  There will be 16" glulam beams going into the pocket of each connector, and about six 24" beams for the tall ones.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-01-2013 13:09
Nice! Those are the good jobs, big and long winded! Nice work!
Parent - - By devo (***) Date 06-01-2013 15:01
I just wish they would give me a little breathing room to get the deadlines met.  The latest one, which I could have started two months ago, " we need it by June 30.  Wait, no we're getting kicked off the job site on the 27th.  Can you have it done by the 20th?  And can you drop your price by $500?"   :mad::mad::mad:
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 06-01-2013 21:38
I always get a good laugh out of the "Can you drop your price "x" amount?".
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-01-2013 23:38
Good you got a line on stuff and are busy....LOL when they are in a hurry it costs more not less.:grin:     I think it is cool they still hold those BSA events....have not been to one in ages.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pics of largest single job yet