Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / This is what we need more of
- - By MMyers (**) Date 06-04-2013 16:39 Edited 06-04-2013 16:48
Cool article on how Hypertherm set up a paid short term training program to train its CNC machinists so they could keep their manufacturing operations in the US.  Having recently done two interviews for technicians which subsequently left me weeping for the future, this was a nice story to read.

http://www.industryweek.com/workforce/narrowing-skills-gap-successful-american-manufacturing-0?page=1
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-04-2013 16:57
That is good to see Mike....I shared your link with some other folks.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-04-2013 17:05
It's about time.  We need a lot more companies to see the value in training the people they already have instead of starting from scratch in other countries just to save a few bucks.

Thanks for sharing. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By devo (***) Date 06-05-2013 23:21
I've sent three Hypertherm plasma cutters back for warranty repairs, I've owned their product for five years now and have never had a machine get out of warranty without something happening.  I chalk it up to bad luck, but I would absolutely buy their stuff again and recommend it to anyone.  And not just because they cut well
- By sillyslik (**) Date 06-09-2013 00:15
i am 2 yrs into my career as a welder! iam thankful to the company that hired me as a fitter /welder. since i have learned the products we make and brogjht myself to a level 5 in there system, which is iso! and i go to work everyday wanting to go higher!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / This is what we need more of