Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / UGGGGGHHHH!
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-11-2013 16:06
:cry::cry:UGGGGGHHHH!:mad::mad:

OK thanks for letting me vent...I'm all better for now.

What a friggin' day....
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 06-12-2013 01:28
Must be going around... Had a nice headache today from the schedule screw ups...

I feel your pain brother!

Tomorrow is a new day though. I will start it off with a positive attitude:-)
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-12-2013 05:02
Yes, and what a glorious day it will be... We leave for two weeks in England tomorrow.  Headed for Phoenix, to Miami, to London, to Leeds.  Hoping to have a little time to check in here.  But, sorry guys...you are not my top priority.  :lol: :wink: :lol:

I will take some quite time for you John.  You too Wade.  Just don't ask for too much of that time.  Plan on taking most of it for myself.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-12-2013 08:48
Enjoy Leeds Brent, I live less than 30 minutes away. Bring plenty of money, things are a tad more expensive over here and make sure you take in the grand city of York..................!
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-12-2013 13:07 Edited 06-12-2013 13:39
Seems like I knew you were in the area.  We are actually going to Boling Hall (their spelling is different, but that is our last name through the generations) in Bradford area.  My wife knows all the places we are actually staying and visiting.  About a week in England, a day or two up into Scotland, and 5 days for a guided tour around Ireland.  We have most things already paid for.  Converted some money to pounds, some to Euros, and have a couple of credit/debit cards that do the exchanges when used without additional charges.

We are actually staying at Harrogate she says while in England. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-12-2013 13:08
Weld quality issues, and a field inspector hundreds of miles away....some BS markups were because he didn't refer to a drawing before making a call(ie one sided fillets with the weld symbol shown on the "other side"(top) of the ref line and he marked up the near side(arrow side) to add missing weld...LOL), and there are some legit problems that I just plain missed, so it made for a long day for me yesterday....
My shop markups are now getting revisited, I made the mistake of marking minor things and not revisiting each and every one to make sure the repair was acceptable. I take full blame and responsibility for any of those.

Today is a new day and we're unloading trucks to go back over every weld and spiffy up everything(boss' call on that one). Just wish early on the job would have had their field guy here at the time of welding to accept or reject, then sign off so that it would not become a battle of inspectors like it is now. Still fighting to get that guy here before we ship the next load of steel, but I'm not sure when or if the guy will come.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-12-2013 13:36
Ouch, boy do I know what you mean.  Try some of the CA OSHPD inspectors.  They think they are so great, most of the time their calls are over nothing but personal preferences.  There is no support from any of the applicable codes for the calls they make. 

There, I vented too.

I feel your pain John.  And they will continue to be not available until the job is about over.  :lol:  Thanks, your visit is so useful at that point.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 06-12-2013 23:40
Good for you Brent! I hope you and your wife have a great time. Just post a picture of the GREEN countryside for us Az boys to look at...

Not much green other than cactus at home and here in northern Nv, well it looks almost like home less the cactus...

Be safe and best wishes!
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-13-2013 01:37
Wade,

We just got back from the family farm in the Willamette Valley up in OR where we went over Memorial weekend for my mom's 80th birthday.  Yes, green is the going colour up there.  And rain is the going weather up there.  :lol:

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-18-2013 01:40
Think I'll agree with you and use your UGGGGGGHHHH!! for today. Inspector woes on a job I had nothing to do with but have been called in to "Lone Ranger" and save the day. Except inspector has not told anybody what is bad specifically or where the bad is located so it can be repaired. I got paid hansomly for my 5.5 hours today but I have things to do and the inspector dragging his mother lovin' sorry arse is beginning to get on my slightly out of whack, off kilter side of my Marine brain. The bad part is he inspects but does not mark ANYTHING!! Probably why he made the mistake on the last job and told us a bad weld was at XX location and when we looked there was no bad weld......(face palm here)

Perhaps we will find out what we need to know so I can get the job done and get these guys paid.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-18-2013 11:34
I've been in a funk myself here lately...I'm trying to have a better attitude going forward, starting today...LOL
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-21-2013 14:27
You have to look at the situation from a different perspective.

If everyone did their job correctly the first time, every time, inspectors would be out of a job.

Our lives depend on someone screwing something up. Some times it us that does the screwing up, so someone else can have a job. Life is a circle.

My job security comes from the fact that no one (me included) is perfect.

My contribution to society is that I always make mistakes just to keep others gainfully employed. I feel it is the least I can do for my brothers.

I hope the trip to England was exciting and enjoyable Brent.

Best regards -Al
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-21-2013 15:31
:cool: I know of what you speak Al.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-21-2013 16:03
UGGGGGHHHH

Vacation time.

We're on our way to Newport, RI.

All 13 of us. I hope the adults behave as good as the grandchildren.

Al
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-21-2013 16:04
Enjoy your trip Al.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-21-2013 17:47
Thanks Al.  We just flew over to Ireland today for a 4 day tour.  Will be here a total of 6 days and then back to England for a day before flying back to the states. 

You have a good one too.

I'm going to start a blog in the blog dept to describe some of our exploits and post up a few pics.  Keep it out of the main forum, especially John's.

Sorry for the 'holiday' (what they call our get aways here) HIJACK John.  But sounds like many of us are in need of a break.  This must have been a killer winter in many regards.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-21-2013 18:46
No worries concerning hijacks....this thread is all about headaches.... if you have one, please share...LOL
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-21-2013 19:25
Al's and mine don't sound as much about headaches as they are supposed to be about getting rid of those headaches and enjoying family, life, and relaxation.

But thanks John. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / UGGGGGHHHH!