Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Salt water disposal
- - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 06-26-2013 14:14
I got a contract thats talking about building a disposal. And want me to run the erection of it. Anybody ever buils 1. Ive repaired them but never built 1 from the well head up.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-26-2013 14:22
Shad, Call me and I can get you some prints on building it
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-27-2013 01:00
Anything the produced water touches will have to be coated. Most are done with threads and Victaulic couplings. Some of the water is so bad they can cause leaks in less than a month on sch 80. The specifications should tell you what type of fittings to use and the drawings should show the tank lay out. Most of these installations will have a supply house like MJR or Wilson put a fitting trailer on the site and the client gets charged by what gets taken out of the trailer.
Be careful the crew is not building another facility on the side with your trailer. When the project is done they will do a fitting count and you better be really close on what came out of the supply trailer and what gets put in on the construction.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 07-07-2013 17:54
Thanks Bk ive never built 1 so its all new to me. Ive set the well heads for them and repaired leaks on em but never built 1. They dont even have the land yet im guessing somtime next year maybe. By then who knows where ill be.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 06-27-2013 01:03
A lot will depend on what kind of volume they are expecting,how much of that volume they presume will be oil, and how far the will have to pump to the disposal well. We hook them up from gathering tanks to the well including pulsation control. One word of advice ( if they aren't just building it to sell it) run stainless on all your lower branch lines connecting your tanks on the gathering side and sending side. It will last longer than coated steel pipe or even fiberglass plus once you add up the cost of coated pipe vs sch 10 stainless it's not much more.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 07-07-2013 17:50
Thanks Corey doubt they'll go for stainless but will try. They'll use the plant themselves tired of waiting in line to unload.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Salt water disposal