Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / AWS we Lost a very good man in April
- - By Chris2626 (***) Date 07-05-2013 04:20
I have written to Dave Boyer a lot on this forum and happen to look him up on facebook since I couldn't get him here. i get a response from his facebook page and it was his sister writing me saying this

Hi Chris,
Robin here; I'm Dave's sister. Sadly, Dave passed from this life in April (you may have noticed no posts from him in the AWS forum since March or so). I'm managing his page here and will eventually turn it into a memorial page. Please "friend" Dave if you'd like to be able to continue to see his FB page, as I understand that only people who are already friends can access it after it changes to a memorial.
thanks for asking!
rbk

This is his page and his sister is going to turn it into a memorial https://www.facebook.com/manukai.dave
I never got the chance to talk to him on the phone only through aws and emails, this man truely touch my heart and I'm sure a lot of other here as well.

RIP Dave
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 07-05-2013 10:36
Oh no, how sad and unfortunate.
We lost a fine Forum member with his passing.
I for one will miss him and his valuable input.
I was just wondering about him the other day noticing he had not posted in quite sometime.

Rest in Peace Dave.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 07-05-2013 12:50
I will miss him too. He had a vast range of experience, and was always generous about sharing it with all. His unfailing accurate advice was always supplemented by a good sense of humor, and a desire to learn more.

RIP, Dave.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-05-2013 14:39
Sometimes we forget to check on people when they stop posting for a time knowing that schedules occassionally get in the way. 

But most of us knew Dave through here and his good intentions, vast knowledge, and open heart.  We also know that he was in a battle that would shorten human life. 

Thank you for checking on him and informing us.  Our prayers, thoughts, and best wishes, no matter how belated, are with family and friends.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 07-05-2013 16:40
Hello Chris, I am certainly with all of the other forum members who have responded to the news of Dave's passing. I always enjoyed his informational, inciteful, and often lightly humerous responses on the forum. He will be sorely missed in my eyes. He is also among those folks who have lived full lives and been kind enough to share with all of us many of his experiences and the vast knowledge that comes with living. I appreciate your acknowlegement of this event and hope that his family is coping with his passing as well as they are able. They certainly have a lot to be proud of when celebrating his life. Thank you and best regards, Allan
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 07-05-2013 20:23
God almighty has given us our life graceously and He will take it away from us when His infinite wisdom so decides.
May your soul rest in peace, Dave, our good friend and AWS Forum mate.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-06-2013 16:56
Appreciate the update Chris.

Unfortunate but we all will go at one point. Dave has left his mark here and elsewhere I'm sure and what little I knew of him I did enjoy an engaging conversation with him or a good ole fashion argument. I will miss his input on topics around here for sure.

Thanks for all your help Dave! Looks like the only way I'll get to meet you is if I look you up upon my arrival one day, hopefully!
Parent - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 07-06-2013 17:37
Sad to hear about Dave... He will be missed
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-08-2013 14:27
Chris,
Thank You for giving the forum an update about Dave. His contributions to the forum will truley be missed here. I made this thread a sticky for now and will leave it at the top of the Shop Talk forum for awhile.
RIP Dave.
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 07-08-2013 15:51
no problem I just thought people should know.
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 07-17-2013 00:47
I will truly miss his input and his quirky emails. Thank you Dave for all your input and help. May you rest in peace my friend.
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 07-17-2013 01:01
I have to agree i miss his quirky emails as well.
- - By weldwade (***) Date 07-05-2013 19:45
Sad to hear the news but I believe Dave is now happy and healthy in a much better place. I want to say thanks to Dave for freely sharing his vast knowledge. I will surely use the search function to review Dave's input in the future and his memory will live on here! I didn't know Dave personally but I am glad I got to know him through pm and here on the forum. Thanks Dave for teaching us here!
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-06-2013 19:26
It is always sad to lose a friend, but it is nice to know he has moved on to a better place and we are all better people for knowing him.

Al
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-08-2013 10:59
He will be missed. I am thankful for having the chance to meet him through the knowledge he shared here.

Gerald
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-10-2013 20:11
I lost his number shortly after he went into the hospice...I have always had great conversations with Dave since I met him...I had much in common with him...he held quite a bit of knowledge that is uncommon and directly experience related.  I will miss him...although I knew he was intent on fighting it long as possible I am gratefull to know he has some peace after such a long struggle.  The planet is a lesser place with out him as he was one who definitely was a blessing to it and not a burden.  God rest your soul Dave Boyer.
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-10-2013 20:22
Dave Boyer will be missed by myself and others on this forum.He is in a better place where their is no more pain.

M.G.
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 07-11-2013 15:30
I considered Dave Boyer to be a very respectable man and valued his shared knowledge.

QCRobert
Parent - - By NMWELDING (**) Date 07-14-2013 02:18
Sorry to hear of this,Dave definitely was always helpful and a vast wealth of knowledge. I'm sure all on this forum feel the same,after awhile through our posts we become like family. Very sorry to hear of this.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 11-28-2013 02:36
Dave and I had many private conversations (we both had cancer) so I got to know him fairly well.  He was quick to help a friend and he'll be dearly missed.

RIP Dave
Parent - By mtlmster (**) Date 02-28-2014 18:22
I'm so sorry to hear of Dave's passing.  Dave was a very intelligent man.  His knowledge and advice was and still is helpful even to this day.  We had exchanged emails for a few years and when I had a question about machining or welding he gave freely.

Back in May of 2011 we were in Waldorf, Md. and I contacted Dave to let him know we were near him in Pottstown, or Pottsville PA.  I'm not exactly sure which town it was.  Well, him being who he was invited us over to meet him and his mother.  He had the most incredible machine/welding shop and gave me a tour of all his equipment and tools.  I knew he was ill but he still was in good spirits.  I am so glad that my wife and I got to meet him.

I haven't been on the forum for the past couple of years, but I did notice that his emails to me were getting fewer and I felt things weren't going to well with his treatment.  Not until I read of his passing in the forum this morning did I know for sure.  My future plans were to go by and see him the next time we were in Washington DC.

It's obvious that many of the folks on this forum had respect for his input.  I know I did.

Dave, may you rest in peace.  You will be missed.

Steve
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / AWS we Lost a very good man in April