Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / UA rig welder test?
- - By Weldemupblue (*) Date 07-10-2013 23:02
Hey guys, I just got a call yesterday from local 601 UA  they want me to come down on the 25th this month to do an evaluation/ticket test anyone have an idea what the test is???
Parent - - By Len Andersen (***) Date 07-11-2013 14:07
Ladies and Gentlemen,
      You are talking Steam Fitters union. My guess is 1G non rotational on 8 inch schedule 80 with stick 7018. .Ran search and came up with below.  I hope this is helpful.
                        Sincerely
Len Andersen weld@spemail.org
               914-536-7101   / 212-839-6599     8-4 New York Time , 4042 FAX , Co-worker 6381 / 914-237-7689 (H)
POB 1529 / NYC 10116-1529 ( $1160 per year Caller Box GPO NYC / Most Secure Service At Largest Post Office )

Topic GTAW 6G 8" schd. 80 Cert test By smithcd2208 Date 05-23-2010 07:18
Thanks a lot. And bragging? what bragging? can you really say that welders "brag?" I thought that it was just in our nature to think we are all the best because it is a skill that few and far between have mastered lol. I am moving back to San Diego, my cousin is in the steam fitters union so he will get my foot in the door. Fist job is the hardest, gotta establish that work experience. I have been to Colorado once before and i really like it up there. I think it would be my ideal place to live, i like having all 4 seasons. I don't know how much welding is done out there though. But for now i am focused on just establishing work experience for my career. I think after i have welded for a while and am really good and confident in it i would like to take scuba classes and consider getting a CDL for underwater welding. Don't know for sure if i would like it, but the only way to find out is to try, right? When i started school i had never welded before in my life and i HATED it. Learned why they call SMAW "stick" welding real fast lol. But i am much better now and i am glad i stuck to it because i really enjoy knowing that i have the skills and knowledge to work with a material that very few people ever will work with.
Parent - By Weldemupblue (*) Date 07-11-2013 17:44
Thanks for the reply, I talked to the union guy, he said he believes its 6g 12" sched 80  6010 root to cap downhill, and it's a rig welder test not a fitter test btw.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / UA rig welder test?