Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / ATC
- - By vivekxds Date 08-16-2013 09:51
I'm using KUKA robot KR5 for welding purpose and I like to have AWS certificate in Robotics welding...I need to know what are the steps to be taken...I'm from India...
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-16-2013 19:57 Edited 08-16-2013 19:59
First off, "WELDCOME" TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!!:yell::grin::smile::cool:

Next... Here's a webpage from the AWS website that will answer and explain most, if not all of the questions you seek answers for regarding your query...
Take a good look into this and all of the associated links regarding the steps necessary for you or whoever else must take in order to become an AWS "CRAW" which is a set of abbreviations for: American Welding Society - Certified Robotic Arc Welding - operators and technicians...

http://www.aws.org/certification/CRAW/

There is much more related information such as: the requirements, standards that must be met, and a set of AWS Welding Journal articles from 2002 & 2011 related to AWS CRAW included with links in this webpage also... So bookmark the link I'm providing above, then go further by exploring all of the links found in the same web page in order for you to become adequately familiar with what the requirements are for an AWS CRAW... Training/Exam locations and CRAW ATC's along with their schedules, etc...

Here's a chart you need to explore first...

Requirements for CRAW Examination
The AWS D16.4:2005 Specification for the Qualification of Robotic Arc Welding Personnel sets the principal requirements for taking the CRAW examination:

And here's the application link:

http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/craw_application_v2.pdf

Also, don't forget to download this .pdf titled: "Download Performance Test Candidate Information Booklet"

http://www.aws.org/certification/CRAW/test.pdf

Finally, this is a very important note: *Current CWI certification is a requirement for the CRAW-T certification. Failure to achieve and/or maintain CWI certification will result in the CRAW-O certification ONLY.

"This two-part exam is comprised of both a Part A - multiple-choice test consisting of 136 questions, and a Part B - Performance test that covers the practical demonstration of knowledge and ability involving a robotic system. A pass mark of 75% is required on Part A in order to meet the minimum requirements for certification as CRAW Operator or Technician... Both parts of the exam will be conducted at the same AWS Approved Test Site."

P.S. You will also need to get the CRAW application witnessed by a notary public, or the Indian equivalent...

In any event, all of the above should get you started along the path to becoming an AWS CRAW-O or T...
So soak all of the information like a sponge soaks up water.:yell::eek::roll::lol::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / ATC