Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Working Hard In Minnesota!
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-23-2013 02:43
Boy, today was a killer day.....
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 08-23-2013 12:23
Glad to see you got an easy one...... Enjoy it cause they are few and far between........
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-23-2013 20:25
We caught 5 Northern's and one walleye in about 3 hours. All over 26 inches with the largest at 31". We had to throw the walleye back, it was 24" and protected. A lady in the resort here caught a 40" about 2 days ago.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-23-2013 14:43 Edited 08-23-2013 14:46
Nice Gator!

I'll wave when I fly over you this morning... Heading back home from Spokane today.

Will be taking a couple days in the North Woods near Minocqua next weekend!!!!

There WILL be fish pix

Edit:
That fish looks like it has some scars where somebody tried to bite him in half....   I've seen those on even bigger fish up there...
Those fish have teeth... It's a rough neighborhood when a 5 lb bass is at the bottom of the food chain.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-23-2013 20:29
I'd wave back but we were on the ground today grinding galvanized steel all day. 3 o'clock hit and we had enough, rolled up and left.

Yeah, I noticed the scars on that fish. I was checking out some pictures of what has been caught out of this lake and they have some whoppers!

I was talking with the owner of the boat launch and we were talking about fish. Told him large mouth and catfish were big back home. He said, "I've never caught a catfish". I've seen 70 inch plus northern pike taken out of Lake Ontario.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Working Hard In Minnesota!