Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Looks like it was a banner day!!!!
- - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 10-02-2013 01:32
And its off like a herd of turtles. :twisted:
Attachment: Obamacare.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 10-02-2013 21:42
I am still irked by the "We have to pass it to know whats in it" comment about that law during its spawning...
Really? :confused:
Lets all agree to something that we don't know anything, ANYTHING, about at all! we'll fill in the details later...

Nuts to the world, I'm going fishing... :twisted::twisted::twisted:
Parent - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 10-04-2013 01:08
"We have to pass it to know what's in it" Is one of the biggest Bull**** lines I've ever heard. You don't buy a house without reading through the contract or sign up for any other activity in life without reading up on it. All 545 of those elected officials should be tried and punished for their crimes against the American people. Then we can move on to their appointed cronies. Listening to their mouths run raises my blood pressure faster than anything. And unfortunately, We The People have to pay the price for their arrogance.

Chris
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-03-2013 02:14
I like how our disabled Veterans will not be getting their disability checks due to the shutdown. I know two guys that live on them cause they are either unemployed or are to disabled to work. Guess it's tough shyte for the wounded combat vets....hey congress, senate and President, you suck!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-03-2013 03:24 Edited 10-03-2013 03:28
I agree....screw any partisan this party that party liberal conservative libritarian tea drinker bs.   I really dont give much of a rats ass about everyday pencil pusher govt employees getting furloughed or what have you...it takes fifteen of them to do the same dang work any 3 of us could pull off on average.  If you have family members out of work cause of this well sorry...maybe it is time they felt the pinch the rest of us are enduring and it might change they freaking way they vote next time around.

What is without getting in to exasperating detail and debate simply infuriating me is letting funding drop for law enforcement, veterans benefits and pay.   Well I can suffer without a lot of things the goverment wastes my money on but those two I consider a priority along with maintaining defense readiness.  We can acumiliate over a trillion a year in interest and debt on borrowed money we do not have but our elected officials can sit on thier dead F9&*^(**&%^ing ass and do jack squat about legislating the budget until the final hour and then do a grandstanding look at me pee wee herman at the xxx theater parade in front of everyone and expect as thier constituents we will be impressed by their steadfast hard chin on the matter.  This administration...dog and pony show ...whatever you wish to deem it has kicked the can down the road on budget legislation since inception.  Far as the republicans...we will remember you standing for a moral belief system and fighting for freedom of commerce and financial prosperity?...no....what we will remember is your utter failure to accomplish anything.  Democrats we will remember your perseverance for your beliefs balanced with the desire to raise the human condition any way you can...or shall we absolutely remember that you actually are playing political terrorists..and that you can only childishly blame everyone else but yourselves for your inadequacies in office.

I remember practically all the crisis of politics in the US I have been exposed to in my all too short 45 years as a citizen of the USA.  I also remember folks that cared more about the country as a whole and the general wellfare of the populace that could eat some crow and talk to people they were completely diametrically opposed to and come to a consensuses that ensured progress and at least a chance of furthered prosperity for themselves and there fellow countrymen.   Most of what we have at hand is bodies that are not worth the space they take up on the planet earth much less the oxygen they breath.  Yet we elected them and ensured them a generous salary, ample opportunity to use thier office for personal gain that would be many many retirements for us less fortunate, and a retirement and healthcare plan which far exceeds anything most of us will ever see.   

Gentlemen and ladies we have what the military calls snafu...unfortunately this one is going to bury our country and probably drag many others along for the fast ride to hell.

Best of luck to you all...you will need it.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-03-2013 03:41
A snafu?? Must be an Army thing, Marines call it a cluster fu...... :lol::lol:
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 10-03-2013 08:49 Edited 10-03-2013 08:52
SNAFU, isn't that the predecessor to FUBAR?
There are cluster "F"s and then there are Mongolian Cluster "F"s .
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-03-2013 11:25
Hahaha!!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Looks like it was a banner day!!!!