Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Turkish Language Barrier?
- - By Superflux (****) Date 10-10-2013 13:08
So, I am cruzing the web looking for entertainment here in Adana Turkey.
Copied from the Turkish Ministry of Information Services...

Adana region has a rich cuisine. Main ingredients of the dishes of flour, wheat, meat, vegetables, spices, milk, yogurt and cheese made of curds. The resort has its own famous food "Adana Kebab" is. Besides plenty of greens and topped with onion salad, turnip juice and buttermilk drink. Other famous dishes Cartlak Kebab, Stuffed Meat, Raw Meat, anal queens, hummus, bartefit, squeezing şırdan, mumbar, meat kömbe, widow's wife soup, soup vb.dir Thimble
Proof, even my fertile imigination and twisted sense of humor did NOT dream this one up!
http://www.adanakultur.gov.tr/TR,60747/yapmadan-donme.html
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-11-2013 15:40
I am afraid to ask.

Al
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 10-11-2013 17:51
It gets worse if you check out Google's translation.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-20-2013 20:43
Sounds like they had this crew I've been living with the last two weeks write that for them!!

Maybe it's a rump roast stuffed with American style hot dogs from California??
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 10-20-2013 21:26 Edited 10-20-2013 21:29
"this crew I've been living with"
Shawn, I just hope for your sake you are all on the same shift and haven't been hot bunking.
I've seen the "Lawrence of Arabia" and "Midnight Express" movies... Neither of them had anything positive about their Turkish experience.
On the other hand, I'm having a killer time here.
Adana is OK. Sivas, on the other hand where I was 3 months ago was miserable. A city of 400,000 that had nothing more to offer than a bedouin village.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-21-2013 03:11
Yeah, all on the same shift. Just 4 of us. Staying in a cabin right now, this place is sweet!! Three bedroom, one bed in two downstairs rooms and a loft with two queen beds. The rookies are up there. Full kitchen, fridge, cooking gear, two bathrooms and one is a shower/tub combo and the tub is a Jacuzzi tub! Full size living room with couch, lazy boy, futon bed and a dining room. One of the best places I've stayed in! Split between us about $35/per night! These guys can find some sweet places to stay at!

Sivas, I'll avoid it if I ever get the opportunity! A friend of mine's son is in the Air Force and he was stationed in Turkey for two years I think. They did a lot while they were there, he told me his son really liked it overall but then again he just came back from 18 months in Iraq too!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Turkish Language Barrier?