Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My favorite megalomaniacs
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-25-2013 15:04
How are my favorite narcissistic welders doing? It's been a long time, and I wanted to see who was the best, most well informed, well equipped, and most highly decorated welder on this forum nowadays.
Parent - - By lo-hi (**) Date 11-25-2013 19:19
I would go into detail of how great I am, but It would make me late for the awards ceremony.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 11-25-2013 19:56
Heh heh hehehheheh.....
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-25-2013 23:03
I'm weld in' on a whole different level than most guys........Either that or Ennis MT. is just a very small place!!!!!!!
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-26-2013 13:29 Edited 11-26-2013 13:31
Hey Sourdough!

I made a move to Texas over the summer... Out of the classroom and back into the real world!

I don't think I'm allowed to call myself a Texan.

I tell the guys:   "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could"

Edit:
My wife calls me Tex

Edit edit:

narcissistic ?

Thats the pot calling the kettle hot!

Heh
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-05-2013 06:03
Hey, I found the most highly decorated megalomaniac on shop talk tonight. It's a guy named Al, who could NOT resist bashing me. Congrats Al, you receive the most decorated megalomaniac on this forum!!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-05-2013 14:42
I dunno Sour

All anybody needs to do is read a few of your posts to see that you spend an aweful lot time complaining that most "welders" aren't as good as you.

Ya might want to think about that before you call others out by name.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 12-05-2013 17:52
Good ol' Glen Thornton. Tested him on a boiler outage back in '09 in Kemmerer, Wy...
Funny guy, and he's just like that in person.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 11-26-2013 04:17
Hey there Sourdough, glad to see that you're still kicking. Hoping that you've been keeping busy in all of the good ways. I'm still up here in Northwest land surving the liquid sunshine to go along with our sparse "regular" sunshine. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-01-2013 15:30
I'm back to building fancy iron for the rich folk here in Colorado. Runnin my 6 mpg big block up and down the mountain. There's money in it, but not like the oil patch. I'm happy to be able to see a good lookin lady and two cute boys every night..
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-06-2013 02:24
It could be much worse than that Sully!
And you know what I'm talking about... What's with all these negative waves coming from you lately??? Btw. just about everything Al writes, he can back up and he does joke at times also, so it's not megalomania you're reading bro... It's just the FACTS JACK!:eek::twisted::grin::lol::wink::cool:

Enjoy Christmas with your family now that you have one again Sully... STAY FROSTY BROTHER!!!:roll::wink:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-08-2013 01:37
I've been attacked by a couple fellas on this here site. If I could physically do it, I would body slam them a few times, just to show what 230 pounds of well earned mass can do. Instead they get on here and talk. What kills me is that I can get on with 798, slam out bent beams, do 72k stair cases for 25k square foot homes.....or fix your broken drilling rig.

And these guys figure that they can call me a hack on the Internet....instead of a master.

I love ya Hank! You been around !!!!
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-06-2013 23:42 Edited 12-06-2013 23:46
The world's best welder has a right to his opinion. If he doesn't believe he's the best, who will?

"Hey, If I can't do it right the first time, I'll get it right the second time, or the third time, or maybe the forth time. All I know is I'll get it to stick together until it breaks again."

"Hey, where's my grinder? Anyone seen my grinder?"

"Anyone seen my copy of the other big red book? You know, my bible, the Farm Code!"

"I can cut out more weld in a day than most welders can lay down! The secret is practice and I do get plenty of practice!"

Don't hide that talent! Share it with someone that isn't as good as you. Mentor that poor SOB with less than perfect skills rather than laughing at him.

Last of all, don't take yourself too seriously. If you do, no one else will.

Al :grin:
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-07-2013 01:46
Ehhh  Sully is a crackerjack stinger hand for sure.....but he is also has a social bent to em.   Insanity is what they use to call it....now they have all kinds of fancy names for it.  "Give me a reason to know ya"   that is him.   Al u just have a special place in his heart, a warm fuzzy feeling to know someone out there is thinking of ya!    LOL
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-08-2013 01:48
No Tommy, and yes...

I'm good enough to give a rich customer what all the other companies can't do. Me.

I'm also good enough to make 100% X-ray on 1104 and b31.3 . I've been d1.1 certified since 1991, ( I was 15 years old).

These punks that dare say I am a hack are so far out of line, that it is immoral.

It makes me mad as hell, and it's why I only get on this site every couple months. I love the rest of you!!!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 12-08-2013 15:43
Sourdough

Tommy thinks Rick Harnish is just the best. Every time I talk to Tommy on the phone he cant help himself by talking how much he adores Rick and Rick is so great as a welder and Rick this and Rick that.   Yet Tommy wants keeps on talking about dropping by my house so I can hammer out a few pipeline test's with him.  Which has me confused?  Where's Rick?  ROFLMAO!!!:smile:

BTW Sourdough  when are you gonna invite me to come up skiing?  Looks like the powder if falling plenty in your neck of the woods.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-08-2013 15:56
You get your butt up here and we will show those Aspenites how to go fast on a pair of parabolics!! That's a promise...we got 16 inches here on Wednesday....!!!
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-08-2013 16:09
Hey hillbilly, where do you suppose Al gets the idea that I'm a clown? I WISH I could work next to him for a week. On video.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-09-2013 15:07
????????????? 

LMFAO
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My favorite megalomaniacs