Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln classic 300D settings ??????
- - By Chris2626 (***) Date 02-12-2014 02:19
I've just started welding with the classic 300D at work now this machine may need brushes but what I been told is to set the arc force to 7 because the puddle is very very buttery
feels like it wants to drip it digs so hard. I know all machines weld differently but what do you guys set the machine at for welding the root with 1/8 5P+++++ and what do you set it at for 1/8 LH??? When welding the root the machine wants to cut out a lot so i figured this was the brushes but maybe it has something to do with the arc force?? I know your machine maybe not exact to this machine but it may help me get an idea of what the heck I am doing. I've been welding with the 300 vantage for a few weeks now and it isn't a bad machine either. The 300D does great going downhill and the arc force has been set at a max of 10 when I was running downhill.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I know it's trial and error learning to use the different machines but would like yalls opinion. This 300D where it is set at is completely different from what I remember my old redface being.

Thanks
Chris
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 02-13-2014 00:09
Chris, That arc force was installed by Lincoln to replace guys having to "roll the rack" as they were doing on older machines....... Running 5p+ 1/8" for the root running arc force on #5 , 3rd gear and 40 on the remote..... Hot pass at 70 using 5's..... Cap at 50-55 w/ 5's also..... On LH I run arc force on #10,  second gear & 70- 80 on remote running 1/8"........ That arc force keeps me from blowing thru on my root always...... Cuts down on amperage and keeps your voltage up so your arc doesn't cut out when running low on your fine current range ( 30- 40 area) .........Best part is you can still run your grinders/ wire wheels cause your 120 outlet still is correct...... Hope this helps ya!!!!!!
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 02-13-2014 00:11
Thanks I'll give that a try and go lower on the arc force.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln classic 300D settings ??????