Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Awesome torch
- - By rcwelding (***) Date 02-22-2014 01:58
I just saw this on youtube.. This is crazy..!!!

I would hate to be the guy running this thing..!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R2JtlcOfBo
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 02-22-2014 03:04
Years ago seen a calender picture of a steel mill cutting a(supposed, looked like it) 8' ingot. Dual regulators with dual hoses.
- - By Dualie (***) Date 02-22-2014 08:45
cool party trick but i don't think it has many practical applications.  I'm sure theres gotta be one or two
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-24-2014 04:28
looks like really poorly done slab cutting.   I have seen barge company hands do more critical work in the field with crane operated plasma rigs.  just saying if you want to see some serious meat getting cut there are way more videos on the net.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 02-24-2014 23:17
Tommy, Back in the late 80's - thru  early 90's a guy that was in W. Pa. had the drawings and had a shop making tips for this type of torch..... They were used in the "Continuous  Casters" that the steel makers were putting in....... The guy ended up selling out to National Torch Tip and cleaned up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-25-2014 22:22
I do not doubt that.   No offense meant at all.  Pretty mean slicing RC posted for sure.  Barge company's, some wild stuff in shipyards, defense contractors....there are some interesting ways to slice up that metal out there.  I have been around big laser setups and flame setups before, nesting table kinda stuff...what little water jet setups I have seen I just think are awesome...scary but awesome.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Awesome torch