Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Senior Certified Weld Inspector
- - By pdeschamps Date 02-26-2014 20:43
I am in Phoenix, Arizona and have a customer requiring weld inspection be performed by a SCWI.  I cannot find a list.  Can someone help?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-26-2014 21:26
Welcome to the forum Champ

There are a couple of SCWI's who are regulars here.

Better blow the dust off your wallet  :)
Parent - By pdeschamps Date 02-27-2014 20:00
Can you give me some contact info for the SCWI's?
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-26-2014 23:48 Edited 02-27-2014 00:12
Paul,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

(Then, while biting tongue, breathing deep, going into a state of relaxation, ...)  Paul, please, please, please, only post in one section.  Multiple postings of the same exact thing only hinder the process of getting responses.  The same people are on and review all posts and only respond to the ones they feel they can constructively contribute to.  It won't hurry the results nor change them.

Note, I also got the one you sent to our section website for AZ.  So consider this an answer to all three of your queries. 

Now...
1) I do not believe there is an actual list.  You can verify someone's status if you have their name and number but you can't just go to a list and locate one.  Not that I know of.

2) Do they actually want an 'SCWI'?  Why?  This will actually help me to locate a person within AZ to meet your needs. 
Other than organizational skills, supervisory talents, and a little more knowledge about WPS's and other knowledge they are the same as a CWI when it comes to the actual inspections.

3) Where, when, how long??? 

4) It would help if I knew what type of pay arrangements, benefits, and other considerations were involved.  Good people don't just jump for something without ALL the facts.  The question is aimed more at: contract work or employee, per dium, mileage, etc. 

5)  I do know of at least one looking for work at the moment, but, as was stated, be prepared to open the pocket book.

Have a Great Day,  Brent

PS   I don't usually post this openly on the forum, but here is my contact info if you would rather take this off the forum.

Brent E. Boling,  AWS/CWI
ICC SSW Bolting/Welding Special Inspector
Pres; Arc-Tech Welding, Inc.
(AWS Sustaining Company)
AZROC# 154728
Chairman AZ Section AWS
Chairman AZ Certification Comm.
Prescott Valley,  AZ
Tel:  (928) 772-7050
Fax: (928) 772-4754
cell: (928) 925-7359
www.arctechwelding.com
inspector@arctechwelding.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brent-boling/20/415/493/
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 02-27-2014 20:13
brent,
Prescott huh?
I once spent a week there at Yavapai College for a basketball camp.
This was right after the Billy Jack movie and everyone had to see the park where it was filmed.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-27-2014 23:55
Ah yes, Billy Jack.  You are dating yourself with that one for sure.  Not a bad movie though.

Lots of tourneys held in this area.  More famous for their softball tournaments. 

Yavapai dropped it's men's basketball a couple years back but I believe I heard something about starting it back up again.

We've been here for 18 years with the welding shop and now transitioning into all inspections work.  Trying to get another son involved.  There are two of us thus far, my oldest son and I, and between local work in Yavapai County (largest county in the US I believe) and work in Payson where Darrell lives and then our contracts for work that takes us all over the state we have been pretty busy. 

Anyway, off hijack and back to business. 

Paul, haven't heard back from you.  Do you want some info or not? 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 02-28-2014 13:14
Brent,
Yeah. I've seen a few seasons come and go. I remember traveling from CA to points east on the old Route 66 before I 40 was built. Some of those Arizona towns you can still see the remnants of the old highway and imagine what it looked like then. Took vacation awhile back in Sedona. Few years before that in Tucson. Great state.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 02-28-2014 00:46
Arizona is one of the few states I haven't worked in.

Send me an P.M. with some details.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Senior Certified Weld Inspector