Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tidweld Reels
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-04-2014 21:47
I always like to point out well made products, give credit where credit is due if you will.

I bought my first Tidweld reel about 2 and a half months ago. I only bought one as I was also trying to save up some money in my rainy day get the heck to the beach fund. I've been using Mr. Tidwell's reel now and I must say, WOW!!!! Field tested to some extremes for sure. I have used them on days when it was barely above zero, after heavy snows, ice storms and each time I went to role up it worked without a flaw. The reel is crafted with excellence, real care went into this product for sure. Not getting electrocuted when accidentally touching the reel is a big plus!!! Always warned guys when I was warming up the welder, "don't touch that reel(eco) or you will get a heck of a jolt!". Been there done that and lucky for me the welder didn't feel the need to idle up upon arcing thru my body.

I just had to say that if you're looking for a lead reel, you can't go wrong with a Tidweld! At one point I'll buy another one but recently unemployed and restarting the business I'm back in penny pinching mode! Mr. Tidwell, hats off to you sir! I will be in touch at some point in the future, thank you!

Shawn Kelly
KLB Welding Service
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-05-2014 01:56
Good to hear, with the prices with TIdwelds you better be happy with em for sure.  Hey I like hearing you don't have to worry with the helper getting freaking electrocuted.   HAHAHHA my first experience with the machine fired up and eco's on the truck involved me dancing and speaking in tounges before i laid down and got still and quiet.
- - By atc250r (**) Date 03-11-2014 01:15
I'm sure they're nice reels, but these are the cat's @&$...

alumareel.com

Been using them for years, and they are great in every aspect.  Made in Canada and never had issues with them...ever.
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 03-18-2014 02:11
Aluma reels are awesome if you have the coin.  Bought mine with the cord reel and the lead reels along with the torch reel. I believe 2300.00 out the door in 2008 prices.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-18-2014 11:48
I've checked on those as well but I guess my issue was this. Awesome Aluma reels on the right, Awesome Tidwell reels on the left. Right, made in Canada, left made in Pennsylvania USA, supporting a local guy. As much as I love Canada, my favorite hockey team for over 30 years has been the Montreal Canadiens. I thought I would support the Awesome made here guy. As I said, I've had them in weather that would have your bare hands in literal pain after being exposed for less than 5 minutes and had no issues with the reel. Freezing rain, sleet, snow. If the reel on the left was an Eco reel and the right was the Aluma reel, yeah, I'd buy a reel made in Canada. Actually looking at a cord reel for my Cable control but have already contacted Mr. Tidwell and when I get in the position where I can afford it I'll be going thru him again.

To each his own though. A friend of mine has the Aluma reels and they look pretty slick indeed. Oh well, have to shake the bushes to try and get some more work to fall out so I can start using the reel more!
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 03-19-2014 02:18
I hear ya there Shawn,

I sold my aluma reels a couple of years ago since I hadn't been out welding or using them.  Well what da ya know I just slapped a rig truck together this last weekend since I am in need of one at the moment and found a set of reels for cheap made right here in the USA:grin:  In fact they were free too. lol  Made right here in Stans back yard and you can reel them in or out while welding.  Any way check em out.  They work for the pinching penney deal.
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 03-19-2014 02:31 Edited 03-19-2014 02:48
a Lincoln red face???????????????:wink:
next thing I see is Stan and Dwayne telling me stop using stoody ss filler and go to lincoln:twisted::wink::evil:...roflmao
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-19-2014 11:31
Ain't nothing wrong with pinching a penny! I'm actually back in penny pinching mode, makin' em' bleed!! Haha! Need to put something together for my remote lead though, already tired of winding it up and storing in the back seat.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tidweld Reels