Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How to climb 300 foot tower
- - By 46.00 (****) Date 03-17-2014 09:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg

Interesting how it used to be done. Not sure you'd get away with it now a days!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-17-2014 21:24 Edited 03-18-2014 11:51
Pretty much the same way we have been doing it with the other guys for the last year. Sure we have our cable grabs but most of the time they are in the way and we'll go without. At the end of the day coming down off of a 300, 500 or 900 foot tower and getting your rhythm going and just climbing down is safer than fighting a cable grab that hangs up ever few steps. So yes, we free climb.

Funny watching him carry that flag up. Reminded me of how I looked in my harness with my backpack with my groceries and drinks in it hanging off my right side belt, my hood hanging off the left side, speaker off my right hip and a 25 foot positioning lanyard. I'd hang that flag for him anytime he needs a hand. Cool video though, like how the ladders curve backwards and are tied off with rope! That guy does some swinging arm movements that made me laugh as I have done that many times before starting to climb!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How to climb 300 foot tower