Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Petitions for weld stations
- - By firstpass (**) Date 08-20-2004 00:57
I visited several facilities and noticed panels 5x5 feet square and made out of asbestos. I would like to know if there is other suitable material available for booth dividers that are 5 foot wide. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Firstpass
Parent - - By magodley (**) Date 08-20-2004 11:55
We use hanging curtains, with the see through ones on the front of the booth.
Andy
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 08-20-2004 13:08
Sheet metal works well, on the sides, just paint it flat black to minimize reflected light. Fire resistant curtains are usually used across the front.

Chet Guilford
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-20-2004 16:54
asbestos? I hope not. Ceramic fiber maybe!
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 08-20-2004 18:52
4' X 6' or 4' X 8' 1/4"-1/2" Temperboard or any smooth, non-conductive surface works great. Sheet metal is also great. Position 2 - 4' panels into a 90 degree L and curtain a 30" door way. Pin the Ls to create booths 6 1/2 foot wide by 8 or 10 feet high, the depth can be ?. Leave or frame the sides so there is 18 - 24 inches from the floor. Great vent enhancer. Don't paint it black. Paint the surfaces with a flat non reflecting latex paint. White is great but get creative, a light blue, green or yellow or shades thereof. Don't worry about it getting dirty. Soap/detergent cleanser and water clean up or just repaint it. Put color combinations together so that you don't have a sterile institutional type paint job. The flexible see through curtains are great for the fronts. Paint panels to match/coordinate the curtain colors. Need help with color combinations, a schools interior design/decorating class/instructor is a great resource. If you want to do it up big, have the design class paint a mural or so depicting welding/layout in action. Yes, there are facilities that use 1/8 -1/4" 4' X ? or 5' X ? ASBESTOS. They shall remain anonymous.
Parent - By harleyhitman (**) Date 01-15-2005 23:05
http://webapp1.cronatronwelding.com/cronatron/showLevel3?productClassNum=11130000

Look at these, scroll down to you find what you are looking for, then email me and I'll tell you the price.
Parent - By welder53 (*) Date 03-06-2005 21:09
If you are interested in a picture of an educational welding shop; search the domain address below and click on the welding instructor http://www.ualocal740.ca
If you are interested in a shop lay out for welder training, then i will send you a picture of our facility inside.
We have our facility completed with concrete blocks.
The concrete blocks the sound from the next welding booth.
We used only 4" concrete blocks. But, it will be permanent.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Petitions for weld stations