Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI exam
- - By mwmw (**) Date 02-15-2015 22:26
Has anyone taken Son Set Consultings CWI clases? Part B prep or API 1104? Just wanted some feedback
http://www.weld-procedure.com/partc1104codetrain.html
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-16-2015 17:13
I reviewed some of the content quite a few years ago. It seemed useful however I had nothing to compare it too. Any information is good information it just depends on how it is best delivered to you.

There is no "best way" to study in my opinion. Just things that work for me, and things that work for you.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-16-2015 17:35
Not to mention pricing, and the combination of timing and location (is it where I want it when I need it there?).

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By mwmw (**) Date 02-17-2015 04:22
This is true...I did take your advice and Buy the WIT, WIT workbook and Visual Inspection workbook in advance to study as well. While I will be taking the 5 day seminar, I don't want to "depend" on that to pass as I hear of many doing.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-17-2015 15:02
I don't think you will be disappointed in that decision.  More knowledge can never be seen as a negative and the more prepared you are for this exam the better chance you stand of passing the first time so you don't have to take time, money, and effort to do it again. 

Keep going through the Code book of your choosing to be familiar with it as well.  Then, don't forget to download the Part 'B' book and get familiar with it and how it is different than D1.1.  Especially if D1.1 is your code book.  The more you know your way around both of them the better you will do on the exam because you can find things quicker and more accurately. 

Mainly, on the exam, don't forget to read ALL the answers before choosing one.  There will be several that have more than one correct answer, it is a matter of having the complete answer.  Using the complete sentence from the book and not just part of the sentence. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-17-2015 15:55
http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/Book_of_Specs.pdf

Link will take you to the Part 'B' book, the 'Book of Specifications'. 

Brent
Parent - - By mwmw (**) Date 02-17-2015 04:20
Thanks - I definitely don't think it can hurt to take it
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-17-2015 14:28
The thing to also remember is that all of the knowledge is available in some format.

I will throw in one more plug for the ole AWS Welding Handbooks ! Its almost all in there .
- By MrJuls (*) Date 03-12-2015 05:19
Thanks welderbent. You guys are not scared to share info. Awesome stuff...
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI exam