Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Note to the Frequent users/posters
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-02-2015 11:41
Guys/Gals
Thanks for your help looking out for the spammers. As most of you know, I work out in the field now and only get to check in on you guys briefly here and there, so your help is very appreciated.

To help me further, do not post in the threads created by the spammers. When there are replies, it takes a lot more time to delete the spammer's content, and it still leaves them with a post count. If there are no replies, I can delete the entire thread and it takes away the post count at the same time.(this last spammer didn't miss any forum sections)

Thanks again for all that you do to help with notifying me of these rogue spammers posting in every forum section we have.

BTW, to whomever is filling in in Ross' absence, we need to talk about something regarding moderation in several new section topics......(these were added and I was not added to these new sections as moderator)

Thank you all for your help,
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-02-2015 11:44
Just so you know, it took me over an hour to go through all of these spam postings by this one person. That is why it is helpful to not post in those threads.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-02-2015 13:17
Thanks John for all your efforts.

I personally will make note of that.

Brent
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-02-2015 13:33

>Thanks John for all your efforts.

Brent,
It's my pleasure to help the forum in whatever capacity that I can. I've been a participating member here for awhile and you guys make it worth any effort it takes. :lol:
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-02-2015 14:00
Tell them you need help as this is not just a one man job.

I nominate.....   UUUMMM.... yeah!  Allan.  (you can thank me later)

Brent
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 04-03-2015 16:32
Thanks John, we appreciate what you do.

Tim Gary
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 04-03-2015 20:41
And we should probably say so more often!
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 04-02-2015 21:53
John,
hi buddy:smile:
my fault and will just pm you next time
and save my rant for later:eek::roll::wink:
on a side note my next rant was over
the Spanish forum in which brain dead spammer used English
I vote for Brent as a new mod ( no need to thank me Brent:roll: have a nice day:wink:)
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-03-2015 02:53
yeah right, with my temper and open mouth before engaging brain?  Don't think so.  But thanks for the thought.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 04-03-2015 20:00
Firstly, Thanks John for the work you do on here, it is appreciated and your work on here is not taken for granted. I am surprised that we dont see more Admins/Mod on a site of this size. In fact I have seen sites with far fewer memebers and many more Admins.

Secondly, I nominate Brent as a Admin or Mod as well! (no need to thank me Brent:roll: have a nice day:wink:)
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 04-04-2015 23:27
you have a temper?????????????????:eek::roll:
the little woman thinks your calm:wink:
happy Easter  my friend
sincerely.
Kent
edit: btw John let me know if I can help in anyway
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-06-2015 18:11
With Brent as a moderator, the name of the site would change to Brent, and there wouldn't be anyone left on the site with an original idea. They'd all be banned.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-06-2015 18:16
See, I knew someone would come to my rescue.  Just ask Clay.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 04-03-2015 20:56
Thanks for all you do John.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-03-2015 21:23
Thanks guys.

The problem with not having mod rights on the newly added sections is that I can't delete the spam in there.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Note to the Frequent users/posters