Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Passport Photo for CWI Renewal
- - By TB48 (*) Date 07-16-2015 14:39
The first time I had it taken there was glare on my glasses so I had them take it again. The second time they are showing writing on my shirt. It is just a little bit higher than a pocket would be on a t-shirt. It is the name of my horse show association. The picture with the glare on my glasses didn't show the writing. Is this going to matter? I have read the requirements for the photo but it doesn't say anything about writing on t-shirt. Anybody have any idea?
I do have an appointment at the post office this afternoon if I have to redo it. Not going back to the other place. I figure 2 pictures from them is enough.

Thanks,
Terri
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-16-2015 17:34
Take off your glasses.

Al
Parent - By dick (**) Date 07-17-2015 02:06
I'm with you on this one!:grin:
Dick
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-17-2015 01:45
Yeah, you really need it to be pretty clean just as the requirements for the passport when you send it in to Uncle Sam's babies.  But, it isn't a passport.  I didn't really worry about it.  I think I may have even smiled just a little.  Passports don't allow that.  :lol:

This isn't the place for a statement though.  Cover the T-shirts or wear a different one.  Remove the glasses or tilt the head just a little, again, it isn't a true passport photo.  Tell them what it's for and that the requirements are for a "passport style photo".  Key word: style. 

AWS Certification Photo Requirements
AWS adopts the same guidelines for photos as does the U.S. Department of State for passport
photos. The following guidelines are borrowed and modified from the U.S. Department of State
website.
Your photo is a vital part of your application. To learn more, review the information below on
how to provide a suitable photo to avoid processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is
always at the discretion of the AWS.
We recommend you use a professional passport photo service to ensure your photo meets all
the requirements.
If you are applying for a Certification, you must provide one (1) passport-style
photograph. Your photo must be:

 In color
 Printed on photo quality paper
 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
 Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm)
from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
 Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
 Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
 Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
 With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
 Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
o Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is
worn daily.
o Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless
worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head
covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
o Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in
your photo.
o If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles,
they may be worn for your photo.
o Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable
unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be
required)
o Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a
slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off
the camera flash.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By TB48 (*) Date 07-17-2015 11:57
Got it done. Ended up having to take the glasses off. Hate that because I wear them all the time. Oh well at least I know it will be correct the first time.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Passport Photo for CWI Renewal