Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / What would you do?
- - By Mwccwi (***) Date 07-20-2015 17:47
I you found a false CWI cert hanging in a office?
Attachment: NewPicture1.bmp (757k)
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-20-2015 19:55
I would probably ask for clarification as to why they have this displayed and does not match seem to be a valid certification as listed by the AWS website.

I would then contact AWS with the information related to the organization displaying the information and let them know the situation..

I would also inform whatever organization I was representing and give them all the facts.

I would do this regardless of the equirements of the contract/project I was there on.

I would have no problems doing this as a 3rd party individual contractor.

If I were employed by another organization, I would have to address it with them and let them know my wishes before doing anything.

Of course all of this is easy to say without being there.

Gerald
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 07-24-2015 12:37
first step to certainly ask them what's going on with that cert and why is the name handwritten in, and go from there.
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-24-2015 14:36
I am no expert
but my first question might be where did you get the blank fill in the name cert:eek:
and do you or the other party have more?:eek:
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 07-24-2015 18:25
How much are they??? Someone needs to hire a more competent forger or graphic artist... I'd see what I can do to reprimand them for not having enough pride in their work by allowing such sloppy work on a very important document. :evil::evil::twisted::twisted::yell::yell:

First thing I'd do is run a CWI number verification check online. If the individual is indeed passing themselves off as a CWI.
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 07-25-2015 00:13
I ran the check first thing when I seen it, before I asked here. Then when I started looking into the issue I learned that it was meant as as joke towards me. Neither the name or the number on the document had any knowledge of it until I blew my gasket. It turns out that a secretary found an ugly weld that I had made and our team member made her a cert. and hung it near the printer where the knew I would see it early in the day. It just amuses our team immensely when they get reminded that I can make ugly welds too.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-25-2015 00:22
Say it's not so Martin!  You? An UGLY weld?  Praise the Lord the code doesn't describe pretty or ugly welds.

Brent
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 07-25-2015 00:23
The fake cert was taken down and destroyed and apologies were made. When the joker found out how seriously that I reacted they realized how dumb of a thing that was done.The good thing is that everyone in our group got to hear me read the entire I.T, series of articles (2003, 2006, and 2009) on examining the code of CWI ethics beginning with "We Should all Live by the Code of Ethics" ending with "CWI Crendtial Fraud"
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-25-2015 03:40
If we can't laugh at our self, who can we laugh at?

Al
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 07-26-2015 03:56
I laugh at people on capital hill all the time.
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-26-2015 22:55
flux

How much are they???
got that accounting 101 class in
make a bean counter out of you yet:evil::twisted::wink::razz::eek::grin:
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 07-27-2015 18:35
Kent,
Always looking to save buck...
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / What would you do?