Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / What is required for CWI 12th year recert?
- - By Texanz Date 07-29-2015 10:53
Are we to just recertify under  the 3 year again, then 6, then 9 again? With same requirements or what's the scoop??? Anyone know?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-29-2015 15:00
Tex,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

Once you have gotten your nine year out of the way, the process is just as the first nine year cycle: 3 and 6 are just affidavit stating work to the standards specifications with and eye exam to prove you can still see and money to prove you have genuine interest ( :confused:  unless it's just to handle all the paperwork). 

I'm a little concerned though, how does one work in the industry to these standards for 12 years and not know how it works?  And please don't take this wrong, I truly want to know what is lacking that would generate the question to see what needs to be done to make sure our CWI's are better informed. 

As I am on vacation for my parents 60th wedding anniversary I don't have all my books with me but will try to look some things up and I'm sure it can be found on this new fan dangled up to date state of the art website that Miami is crowing about but users are whining about to no avail. 

If you don't mind responding I will also do some checking and give you the resources to confirm what I have said.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-29-2015 15:02
Also Tex,

Do you mind, how did you do your nine year?  Week long boot camp?  Re-test Part 'B'?  PDH's?  Endorsement Exam to another code?

Just curious.

Brent
- By 803056 (*****) Date 07-29-2015 20:27
You can visit the AWS web site and go to certification. You can download QC1 for free. All the information is there at your finger tips.

Al;
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / What is required for CWI 12th year recert?